Old, Broken, & Missing Parts Airsoft Rifle

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by WizardNoodle, Apr 12, 2017.

1. WizardNoodle

WizardNoodle New Member

I was over at my cousin's earlier today, and while I helped him pack to come over to our farm, I discovered his broken airsoft gun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He gave it to me since it was broken and missing parts, and he had already failed to try to fix it.
    I have no idea what the model is, just that it was a sniper. I have no experience with pneumatics so this will be a first :confused::)

I can tell the main broken part(s) is this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There isn't a trigger. It looks like the trigger and everything connected to it snapped off.
    When I pull back the cocker or hammer... whatever it is in pneumatic terms... it doesn't seem to click or hold air.
    It is also missing a barrel.

Here are some more pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know if this is fixable and if it is if someone could give me some or a list of items to fix or even instructions that would be great? If I end up fixing it, I can even work on modifications/upgrades. If I don't end up fixing it, FREE weaver ral and housing for a homemade BBMG or spud gun!! It's a win/win. But I definitely want to fix it

Thank you for your time.

2. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford

3. WizardNoodle

WizardNoodle New Member

So this isn't something some epoxy will fix. Could you list the parts it looks like I need to fix or are missing, just so I can at least look into how much it would cost to fix?
    Thanks.

4. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Well, I see that the AMS link no longer goes to the model it's associated with leading me to believe it's not available anymore. I don't know what specific parts you would need although the foregrip, inner barrel, outer barrel, magazine, trigger assembly, and bolt cocking handle are obvious. It also depends on what the manufacturer is (Cyma, Well, Wellfire, UK Arms, Matrix, etc.).

I will say with 98% certainty that the sum of the replacement parts will be as much if not more than a brand new rifle of the same type. A compatible trigger assembly alone for that rifle is around $30.

You can get a brand new one for a little over $90 shipped, like the one I've linked to below.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/225...lar-bolt-action-sniper-rifle-mb06a-black.aspx

Personally, I would just bag the idea of repairing that one and get a new rifle for the cost and hassle it's likely to incur.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  5. WizardNoodle

WizardNoodle New Member

I see. I'm thinking of buying the cheapest and predictably least powerful starter gun/pack, probably this, and taking it apart to learn the mechanics and adding some mods.

One mod idea of mine was to replace the spring with a gas spring, should improve power as you can easily let off or input more volume. It will be sealed with silicone and WD-40.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017