One Point Sling

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Jacob_M4, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Jacob_M4

Jacob_M4 New Member

Brunswick
    I have a one point sling on my M4 right now. It works great but I was wondering how I could make it more comfortable. When I let my gun hang, the sling digs into my neck and is pretty uncomfortable because my gun weighs 9lbs. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

If you have a plate carrier than you could try and run it through your drag handle.

3. Jacob_M4

Jacob_M4 New Member

Brunswick
    I have a chest rig. I will check in the morning to see if there is anyway to attach it

4. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

That happened with my one point sling the corner were the strap ended and the bungie thing started was really sharp and it hurt my neck. So what i did was cut the tip of the corners so they would be more smooth.

image-1174699548.jpg

What happened with mine was that it fluffed up the corners (if that makes sense) and now its soft.

If you need more info on how i did it, let me know

Attached Files:

5. Jacob_M4

Jacob_M4 New Member

Brunswick
    Ok thanks! I'll try that out and hopefully it works

6. Itsahak

Itsahak Member

That's excatly why I went back to two point slings. Every time I'd transition to the secondary, my rifle would crack me right in the nuts. It didn't matter where I ran the sling through, that thing had fricking radar! Between that and the previous neck injuries I've had, the single point just didn't cut it anymore.

If the one point is long enough, and your not currently doing so, try running your Reaction side arm through the sling as well. That way when it hangs, the weight sits on your neck and shoulder, not just your neck.

7. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    I was having the same problem with my single point sling, a friend and I brainstormed the problem and designed a new sling that elimates the need to encompass the entire neck and shoulder, but still connects to the gun like a single point. For those interested in more information, PM me.

8. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I run it through my shoulder pads, and looped on the drag handle. Reduces the nine pounds of my gun, to almost 3. (As it feels to me.)

9. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    You can always just take some duct taped and foam and make a shoulder pad

10. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    That and you can always ziptie the sling to the rig.

11. lentj

lentj New Member

East Aurora
    Get a Viking tactical padded sling. Its the last one you'll buy. I've tried many, and they all ended up in my junk drawer, including the Magpul. Its a two point sling or a one point sling. Comes without hooks. Get some decent snap hooks with the small hole as close to the edge that you can find. Look at Endom for these. Get steel hooks. Anything else will be worn out in a month. If you want to make it a one pointer, just snap one hook onto the other hook. The best thing about Viking Tacticals is that to shorten the sling you pull the strap down, you don't have to yank it up into your armpit like a Magpul. Endom has the Gunslinger sling which is good, but does not shorten the way a Viking does.

12. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I have been running a single point vest mounted rig for a year now. It runs up through the shoulder straps and around back. My Ciras has a mounting spot for my specific one that is in the back paneling but you can get the ones that just attach to a molle strip or D-Ring... 3 of my guys wear them mounted to D-Rings because they liked my style...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKY-MOUNT...131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4846130203