Open-Top vs Closed-Top Mag Pouches

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Yousef, May 1, 2018.

1. Open

2. Closed

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yousef

Yousef New Member

Sacramento
    I'm planning on getting a Condor MOPC and needed to get some mag pouches for my mid-caps. I use closed top mag pouches for my CM16 right now, but it feels like it takes too long to open it, take out the mag, place empty mag in, then fire. Would a open top mag pouch set be quicker? Thanks!

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis

3. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
  4. RockNRoll33

RockNRoll33 Active Member Supporting Member

Buford
    Even though you guys are milsim the SpeedQB mag pouches are amazing. They are open top and are really use to use to reload.

5. SkyEye

SkyEye Active Member

Tucson
    Doesn't that make it easier for the mag to fall out though? The closed tops generally don't have an elastic or anything securing the mag aside from the little flap.

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The flap in the pouch acts as friction retention.

Wh33ler likes this.
  7. Yousef

Yousef New Member

Sacramento
    I see, thanks! Gonna go with like 2 sets of 3 open-top mag pouches for mid caps. Appreciate the help.

8. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    Actually the pouches are elastic on the sides and I generally have mags double stacked in them. So far I've never had an issue with them falling out. But as Guges said, the flaps also help keep tension on them from the back by pushing them forward into the front of the pouch.

9. r_mank44

r_mank44 Member

Personally I prefer the closed top pouches. I like the Velcro flap. It prevents dirt and other things from getting in/on the mags during gameplay. It depends on your game style as well. If you are more of the Milsim type of player then I would say go with a closed top but if you are more of a speedsofter then open top would be your best bet.