Opened up GB...

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Drekavac, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Hi everyone. Last night I made a pretty big fool of myself to open up my GB, aaand now... I can't put it back together.:mad: I did look up tons of reference videos to reassembling it, but I just don't seem to grasp the concept. I managed to put it back but I don't think the piston was in-line with one of the gears, which made me feel the need to open it up again. Also... I think I lost a shim or two. Anyway, can anyone link me to a good guide or maybe someone would be able to guide me through it on Skype? :eek:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24bjmly&s=6

Attached Files:

2. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    The two biggest problems I had were the trigger spring not staying in place and piston spring wanting to ark. I had to get an extra pair of hands from a friend to help me close the box. Unless you've done this a millon times, it's not easy, or fun.

3. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Was everything fine after you closed it up? You didn't loose any shims or anything?

4. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Also, if anyone knows, do I have to line up the gear with the piston? Or was I mistaken?

5. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    I take it this is a V2 because of the M4 body on the background.

1) lets get the trigger fixed. Get the spring in place and make sure the "hook" is inside what should be a hole on the side arms of the trigger. Place it back into its slot and test it until you've got it right.

2) Try to find the shim and put it back where you lost it, if you can remember. If not, do without or find it and save it and if you really need to, reshim using the techniques explained elsewhere on this forum. Put the last gear back in and keep it there.

3) take the piston out of the cylinder. Put the cylinder in its grooved slot (it should fit pretty stabily) and keep the air nozzle and tappet plate on the cylinder head. Do you still have the tappet spring? If so, save it, it's a pain to have on at this point.

4) put the piston back in the cylinder and line up the gears with the teeth, check AOE (if you don't know, look elsewhere on this forum) and then put the spring on the spring guide and cram in into it's place in the back of the gearbox shell half. Make sure the piston is properly on its track. If the spring will stay where it is great, if not. Don't cram it all in and you will probably need extra hands later

5) I can't see whether or not you have your Anti Reversal latch in. If not, it's my biggest pain in working with the gearbox. Put the spring on the latch and carefully place it in its slot next to, well, in plain language, the gear closest to the bottom of the gb. That gear has the slots in it underneath the teeth, it helps to let the AR latch click into one of those to relieve the tension. You'll probably have to hold both of these. And hopefully your other hand is getting the other half of the shell, not holding the spring.

6) grab the shell and start wedging it onto the first half. It'll be tough and frustrating. You need to get all of the gears' axels' (blanking on the name) inside their bearings. You'll know it when it all goes together. Hold it down and screw it all back together.

6. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Well, for the trigger I was wondering how the hell do I put that little spring in?

Also, that is the current standing of the GB

Attached Files:

7. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Okay you see the little part of the spring that is the smallest length and its angled differently? You put that little guy in a small hole in the back of the trigger. Then you can put it in your gearbox

8. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Ok. The spring should fit around an axel of the trigger and the hook or right angle on the end of the spring and put it inside of the hole on the back arm of the trigger. Does that make sense? It's hard to describe with just words. You might try to look at a YouTube for that.

The GB is looking pretty good. I forgot to tell you to connect the tappet spring. There should be a peg that you will stretch the spring to. Then get the spring and sprig guide and see if it will stay in its place. Also, is the piston on its track?

9. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Thank you, darn thing was confusing me.

10. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Why don't you check out mechbox.com? they got loads of very informative and helpful 'how to' guides. Also, youtube is packed with absolutely looooads of V2 gearbox assembly videos. Just search dude.

11. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Agreed. 20 Characters.

12. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Quick question guys, with the trigger. Just talked to marine121496 and he said the trigger spring thing looked a little odd, does this look odd to anyone else? I found it a little weird myself.

Attached Files:

13. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Also, he said everything was correct besides the trigger.
    Anyway, I appreciate the help guys, thanks a lot! :)

14. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Yea it looks like the part of spring thy is bent on the left- that bend shouldn't be there I think. Can't remember though... Haven't worked on a v2 in a while but I don't think that bent should be there. I think that part is supposed to be straight so you can put it into the gearbox.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  15. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Yeah, think Glock boy is correct. In every V2 I've seen, that should be straight as an arrow. But, maybe it'll fit in a different way.

16. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Great that's what she said right there. Had to do it m4ever. :p

But let's not thread jack.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  17. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

It's a G&G CM16, any ideas?

18. echo1 vmg-74

echo1 vmg-74 Active Member

Richmond
    Trigger spring is fine, to prevent the piston spring from "arcing" use a thin screwdriver to stick into the spring guide and angle the spring downwards

19. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    You sure on that ECHO?
    Here's mine much much straighter.
    [​IMG]

20. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    I concur with Marine+numbers. All the V2 trigger systems I've seen are straight springer. Try to fit it back into it's slot and see if it works while bent. If it does, great, no problems. If not, dang, straighten that puppy!