ops core vs mich

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Cobom, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Im tryin to decide between a dragon red carbon ops core replica or a mich 2000 from dragon red also

Help me out please

2. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    what do you need it for, impression?

3. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Nope i just need a helmet for my team and they said either one is fine

4. The_1911_Fantic

The_1911_Fantic New Member

Baton Rouge
    I'd say go with an Ops-Core. I've owned a MICH 01 and an Ops-Core and the Ops-core is better for a few reasons. One of which being the higher brim lets you aim down your rifle much better and, another is the Ops-Core is MUCH more comms-friendly. Down side to the FAST is that you don't have much ear protection, but to me, that's not a big deal. Plus, the FAST has more gucci.

5. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    I personally like the mich2000 because it allows me to use comms, I've never used an ops core but I don't think you'll be able to use headsets like sordins or comtacs

6. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Well, that's false :p! You most certainly can use any comms the MICH is capable of using. In fact, they're easier to use.

7. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    like I said never used it, wouldn't really know.

8. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Thanks guys. Im kinda leaning towards the 2000 cause.....gmr uses it lolol

9. The_1911_Fantic

The_1911_Fantic New Member

Baton Rouge
    NO. PLease, NO. Do a 2002 or 01 atleast..for the love of GOD do NOT do a GMR impression..LOL. /endrant

10. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I own both the Ops core and Mich 2000, and personally, I like the look of the MICH 2000 better than the ops core. The ops core is cool, but everyone and their sister uses it now days. Depending on the Replica you buy, Sordins and Comtacs can fit with the 2000, but it could be tight.. The ops core is pretty much any comms capable. Both are good options, but I personally like the comfort, sit, and style of the Mich 2000.

I got my Mich 2000 from Airsoft-club.com. They have a awesome array of Mich's that come with the nice foam insert and are made of a nice fiberglass material that gives it that Ballistic look and feel. Also, most of their helmets come with tons of Velcro on it. The helmet is like $35 and shipping is $30. So overall its still a good buy. Here is the link. You can also get the Mich with rails on it. The company is legit, I can vouch for them.

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactic...tc-2000-ach-replica-helmet-with-nvg-mount-tan

I personally think the GMR load out is both practical and looks sweet. Go for it man.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  11. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Lulz. GMRpls.
    The open ears one the Ops-Core helmets are much more versatile, and the padding and nape on the ops-cores are better and the occ-dial gives you a better fit. Plus Mich 2000's just look so out of date next to an ops core :p

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  12. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    That's funny considering that a lot of operators still use the MICH 2000..

13. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I know, but the Ops-Cores have a more futuristic look.
    [​IMG]
    I mean come on :D

14. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I like the Ops-core, but WAYYYYY to many people have it now days... Plus, i'm not playing ghost recon :D.

15. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I know :( But airframes still aren't used too much; I think I'm gonna pick one up some time

16. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Lol guys I'm not doing a GMR kit. Will it look stupid if I'm rockin smith boogies with a 2000?

17. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    See to me, that is just too much freakin kit for your head, if You have to have a counter weight due to how much stuff you have, it just seems over excessive.

18. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    If you're getting boogies you just have to get an ops-core ;)
    But.. that's really a personal decision though

EDIT: Tenhoff, the counterweight is for the NODs, if your mission requires night vision it just is how it is. The counterweight would still be there even without all the other attachments

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  19. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    I liked the '07 rangers helmet set up, with the pvs 14, you didn't really need the counter weight for it, it was simple and effective.

even left room for his ms2000
    [​IMG]

20. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Thats more of a function of the type of NOD issued, and I know of people using counterweights with pvs-14's
    I still think an MS2000 should be on top of the helmet..