Featured Optics

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Grumpy, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Glendale
    Has anybody had any experience with the Matrix 4x32 mil dot scope or the Avengers 3-9x40 bdc scope. Or have any suggestions for a BDC Reticle scope in the 40 to 50 dollar range.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    JHat likes this.

3. Iram

Iram Member

Austin
    I know you don't want to hear this, but at a $50 price point, you're trying to decide which piece of garbage you want.

Decent, simple, boring, QUALITY scopes start at $150 or so. Adding illumination increases price. Adding a fancy reticle (BDC, Mil-Dot, whatever) increases the price. Adding turrets increases the price. Repeatable adjustments increases price. Adding a wider magnification range increases price. A decent illuminated scope with a mildot or bdc reticle is going to run you $400+, probably closer to $600. Last scope I bought was $300, and it cut corners to get the price that low with the features I needed.

If you're budget is $50, focus on just what you need. Do you NEED illumination? Do you NEED a fancy reticle? Those things all add cost to the manufacturing process, so when you start features, you loose things like having a clear (non-blurry, not dark) image.

At that price, your probably best off buying a simple scope. Think like deer rifle scope; capped turrets, simple duplex reticle, 3-9x or 2-7x adjustment range, nothing else, so that the manufacturer can put your $50 entirely into the optic quality.

Personally I've had good luck with the Tasco World Class series (see amazon) when it comes to super cheap optics. Something like a Leupold Rifleman or Vortex Crossfire is about the cheapest quality, BASIC, scope available but those start around $200.

aotsukisho likes this.
  4. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Glendale
    Trust me I'm well aware I'm deciding on what piece of crap to get. I bought $150 Airsoft rifle I'm not putting a $200 scope on it LOL. I save the money for the real stuff to put on my real guns. I run Vortex on my rifles. I went with a 30 dollar Pinty with mil dots if it works it works if not I'm only about 30 bucks and I'll figure something else out LOL

5. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Glendale
    I'm going to use it as a way to keep my fundamentals in check. I'm to messed up to hit the field. If I did hit the field I wouldn't go past 6 power unless I was scouting out the area