orange tip removal?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by arsftx, Apr 15, 2008.

1. arsftx

arsftx New Member

is it really illegal to remove the orange tip from your airsoft gun?

2. KiloBravoEchoEc

KiloBravoEchoEc New Member

here in california technically it is, but most ( 90 % ) of fields do not enforce it, if you get caught playign in public land with no orange tip you can land in a heap of trouble, but the way I see it if I was walkin around in the streets with an orange gun I'm asking for it anyway so I treat it like I do my real guns, with respect, and transported in it's case.

3. General Lee

General Lee New Member

Most peoiple I know have either an orange flash hider and a black one, or an orange muzzle cover that cant be shot off. Keep the orange on untill you're about to go into the game.

4. Dhofstet

Dhofstet New Member

I always remove mine. i just play it smart when i am transporting them. and i never take em out in public. Just be smart and dont point them at cops.

5. airsoftpistols

airsoftpistols New Member

6. Projekt rev1

Projekt rev1 New Member

And if yours is glued on or something to that sorts and cant come off without breaking it OR you just wanna keep it on just when not playing you can cover it with black electric vinyl tape.

7. Funkytownman

Funkytownman New Member

DAWGALICIOUS!!! Cap the necro-ing pleeez?

8. Manta_Rye

Manta_Rye New Member

as for me, it is better to place the orange tip always so as to prevent undesirable confrontations with the authority...we may never know what directives the may receive in a certain instance...so for me it is better to stick to the general rule...i made an alternative in my AEG though. instead of putting the orange tip, i wrapped a sticker of the same color on the barrel; just few centimeters from the flash suppressor. so far it didn't get me into trouble. i always carry my gun license though...

9. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    technically yes it is illegal (a felony i believe) to transport an airsoft gun with out the orange tip inside the united states, and yes folks, during game you are transporting it...unless of course you aren't moving at all and just standing in one place the whole game...

10. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    ya I live in missouri and the gun rules are pretty loose ( as in guns on 4 acre property i know ya) and I take mine off if it isn't a public place or on my property ( I live in the woods) but my friend freaks out when I ask him about orange tips.

11. WillBrayJr

WillBrayJr New Member

If you're on private property you're NOT transporting an airsoft gun. With your definition even carrying the gun in your home is transporting it, which it's not.

12. JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig New Member

coconut creek
    my replacement barrel didnt even come with an orange tip/flash hider. So while moving it from place to place I just wrap some orange/yellow tape on the tip just to be safe.

13. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    yes it is. transporting just means to move objectY from pointA to pointB now if you're in your home no one is there say anything about it.

if you're talking to your neighbor about it and he asks you to bring it over to look at in his house, that is transporting it. if you move it from the basement to the car, that is transporting it, if you move it from your lap to the chair next to you, that is transporting it.

transport- to transfer or convey from one place to another
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/transport
    convey-(to long to type out myself.)http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/convey
    transfer-(again rather long)http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/transfer

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  14. WillBrayJr

WillBrayJr New Member

Real proof or I'm calling BS on your posts. The Dictionary tells you the meaning of a word but that DOES NOT in anyway make it a Law:p

15. vikingcraze

vikingcraze New Member

thanks a lot you guys for the info. I just joined the sight today. And my first gun is coming in an hour from UPS! Im so excited. This site is great.

16. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    when you go to court, most of the time it's the meaning of the words used to write the law that makes or breaks a case. (thats how most loop holes are found)
    i don't remember what topic it was, but there was a topic where some one already posted links to the law and the paragraph and all the pertinent information.

besides, most people here are arguing that it's only illegal to transport or move the guns with out the orange tip, so i defined transport.

17. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
    I live in Ottawa and it isn't really that enforced, I usually keep mine in a duffel bag with barrel bags on them though just in case.