Airsoft Forum banner
141 - 160 of 165 Posts
Haven't touched my Freedom Gundam kit since my last post, but I got some painting started on another character mini.
View attachment 168773
Finger Nail Thumb Material property Wrist

~12 hours in and I have a head, gun and 2 arms done. Yay.

This makes 8 characters I have halfway painted.

I bought it decades ago on sale from K-B Toys (remember them?)
I grew up in a town with a K-B Toys across the street from Blockbuster.
Good times.

Pre-orders for these are about to ship out. I kinda want one.
Ingredient Alcoholic beverage Font Drink Cuisine

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
Toy Finger Machine Engineering Fictional character

Hopefully I get this all done by the weekend.

Attachments

Getting back into RC again after a loong hiatus. My GF showing interest for the hobby has definitely rekindled my interest for the hobby so I took out my old nitro buggy and got it back up and running again.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

Going to get back into model railroading again, I finally have a room to myself to do it in and I’m gonna work on a nice layout

I have too many hobbies. During the warmer months you can usually find us at the lake or creek fishing and kayaking or tending my hot pepper garden. We're avid fish keepers and have several aquariums. I also love woodworking and dabble in origami. I make a lot of fermented foods as well. Mostly hot sauces and wine.

Plant Water Wood Organism Pet supply
Vertebrate Plant Pet supply Wood Grass
Table Furniture Wood Natural material Rectangle
Table Rectangle Wood Flag of the united states Floor
Wood Creative arts Triangle Art Tints and shades
Purple Creative arts Art Triangle Origami paper
Creative arts Triangle Art Rectangle Wood

Biggest year-round hobby for me besides airsoft would be camping. Here's some pics from my most recent trip out West. Spent 10 days camping at backcountry sites in Zion, and 1 night in the basin at Death Valley (lol would not recommend-- it was 118° even at 3am and constantly windy).

Haven't been anywhere out of state since COVID, but I'm gonna try to get out and do some local winter camping next time we get decent snowfall.
Plant Water resources Plant community Water Sky
Sky Plant Tent Ecoregion Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Bedrock
Sky Plant Tent Ecoregion Cloud
Cloud Sky Mountain Cumulus Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Nature Mountain
Communication Device Gadget Rectangle Automotive exterior Font

118? I can't stand the heat so that sounds like hell, I also do Legos (LEGOs?). Maybe post a pic of the X-wing I'm working on

Biggest year-round hobby for me besides airsoft would be camping. Here's some pics from my most recent trip out West. Spent 10 days camping at backcountry sites in Zion, and 1 night in the basin at Death Valley (lol would not recommend-- it was 118° even at 3am and constantly windy).

Haven't been anywhere out of state since COVID, but I'm gonna try to get out and do some local winter camping next time we get decent snowfall. View attachment 170199 View attachment 170203 View attachment 170207 View attachment 170209 View attachment 170211 View attachment 170213 View attachment 170217

Reactions: Splode
Discussion starter · #152 ·

Haven't been anywhere out of state since COVID, but I'm gonna try to get out and do some local winter camping next time we get decent snowfall. View attachment 170199 View attachment 170203 View attachment 170207 View attachment 170209 View attachment 170211 View attachment 170213 View attachment 170217
Oh yeah, death valley is asking for it. Its called that for a reason. We deal with about 115 here in central Cali every summer and its pretty rough but it drops to about 95 at night so its somewhat bearable.

95 is bearable!!?? Here in western Montana, that is blistering! I like warm weather, but that would suck.
I enjoy programming in C++, playing Ultimate, soccer and volleyball, and love hunting/fishing.
I also dabble in woodworking.
Lantern Gas Cylinder Glass Art

(sorry for the poor picture quality)

I thought I heard a thread calling my name. I'm a generalist when it comes to hobby. I can never stick to one thing, because I always want to try something different and new. The only thing I've really stuck to all these years has been painting and art. Everything else kinda bleeds from there.

Cloud Picture frame Sky Mountain Ecoregion
Plant Leaf Paint Rectangle Textile

These are my most recent -finished- paintings that were commissioned a couple years ago. Took me about 20 hours each all told.

Wood Gas Font Personal protective equipment Cylinder
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gas
Blue Wood Natural material Gun accessory Electric blue

Some custom painted nerf guns

Outerwear Darth vader Headgear Helmet Fictional character

I sew here and there, made the cloak and arm sleeves for this Kylo Ren costume.

Helmet Sports gear Headgear Composite material Plant

Some foam helmets. I based them off the mandalorians but then my nephews wanted them painted like jango and boba fett.

Flower Plant Petal Botany Rectangle

I draw too. And make custom cards

Hat Toy Gesture Art Sculpture

This is a dnd mini that I made with green stuff. It's not perfect but I like it.

And so forth and so on... lol I need to stop

Attachments

One of my two Sony Super35 digital-cine rigs:

Camera accessory Flash photography Electronic instrument Cameras & optics Audio equipment

Tons of still gear plus a full complement of Elinchrom studio strobes and modifiers.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal luxury car Musical instrument accessory

My beloved matte-black 2003 Mercury Marauder in the Mojave Desert:

Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Part of my Eurorack modular synthesis set-up:

Musical instrument Keyboard Musical instrument accessory Piano Musical keyboard

Sample of my glitch-video art:

Flat panel display Gadget Communication Device Rectangle Television set

My N-scale Kato Unitram "city center" layout. The structures are a mix of pre-built Kato and Tomix buildings from Japan and ready-made skyscrapers from Hong Kong. I print-out commercial signage on a color laserprinter to scale for billboards, but I don't build anything else myself.

Building Light Product Tower block Cityscape

Engineering Gas Technology Machine Electric blue

Here's my train-weathering workbench. Weathering RailBox boxcars (I have about 50 of 'em in all four versions) is probably the most fun and rewarding part of the hobby (before and after shots below). Railbox cars are one of the most iconic boxcars of the 1980s, and still in service today.

Automotive design Electronic instrument Table Audio equipment Circuit component

Light Yellow Line Font Space

Font Material property Rectangle Pattern Space

Below, I've comped some photo backgrounds for a military scene for my N-scale train layout. I have about a dozen N-scale Abrams M1 tanks, Humvees, and rescue helicopters, plus tons of emergency civilian vehicles for an alien invasion scene I plan to build.

Also have a Boeing 707 Air Force One, plus AWAC and Space Shuttle models (neither of which I've built yet), and a pile of F14 and F117 diecasts, all in ~160:1 scale. Hills were made by heat-deforming some Sintra® PVC signboard. Layout is set in the mid-1990s.

Cloud Atmosphere Sky Plant Natural landscape

Cloud Plant community Sky Natural landscape Grass

Aircraft Toy airplane Vehicle Airplane Building

Attachments

Reactions: Squad144
I do scale WWII modeling and airbrushing. Nothing too fancy. My main project in the modeling department has been my 1/16 scale Tiger 1. Eventually, one day I will get around to a 1/6 scale Tiger 1. I mainly model aircraft or tanks and since I usually model the object after something specific, I find doing the research is half the fun. Unfortunately, my moving around has destroyed a lot of my models so the only ones I have left are my 1/16 Tiger 1 and my 1/35 M48A2 Patton. That Patton was one of my first ones I ever did, as evident by the brush strokes I used to put the paint on instead of an airbrush, which I started using for models later.

I fix and ride MTBs which stems from my time spent in the seat of a dirtbike. Had to sell when I left Mississippi so MTB has become my replacement for that. It's unfortunate too because I got quite good. My last ride I clocked 25 MPH through technical sandy trails no more than 2-3 yards across in length with tons of sharp turns and surrounded by trees on all sides. If I crashed, I would have been eating a lot of wood. On the bright side, there are a lot of MTB trails near my house so now I do that.

I fly FPV freestyle. I 3d print and create CAD designs for projects around the house. I used to mod nerf guns and hydrodip but airsoft replaced that hobby years ago. I dabble in some minor video editing. I'll make a meme if I think of something funny enough. I'll clear land when it becomes overgrown with creeper vines, weeds, poison ivy, etc. Just the normal teenage stuff.

Reactions: modularvideo
That's cool, Squad! Have you tried making small dioramas? It really extends the modeling experience and it's really fun to apply the scenery. I think scenery is the best part since it's easy to pull off to great effect. ScenicExpress has tons of pre-made scenic materials from super-realistic static-grass (applied electrically) to easy-to-make trees. I made this tree in about five minutes:

Plant Liquid Plastic bottle Drink Gas

About the bikes: I also have a pretty cool aluminum-frame BMX bike which I love riding, but I look kind of ridiculous on it.

Attachments

Thats cool, Squad! Have you tried making small dioramas? It really extends the modeling experience and it's really fun to apply the scenery. I think scenery is the best part since it's easy to pull off to great effect. ScenicExpress has tons of pre-made scenic materials from super-realistic static-grass (applied electrically) to easy-to-build trees.

Many commonly available materials are also great for making scenery. I made this small scene as a test using PolyBlend unsanded tile-grout from Home Depot for dirt. I also have a pretty cool aluminum-frame BMX bike which I love riding, but I look kind of ridiculous on it.

Green Leaf Plant Wood Natural landscape

Wood Road surface Plant Building Brick
I love model railroading, I have a huge space for it now and once I get it renovated I'll be building a huge layout

I also recently got into garden tractors as a hobby, very neat interest IMO

Attachments

I love model railroading, I have a huge space for it now and once I get it renovated I'll be building a huge layout . . .
That's so cool BA! I just have a 12' x 13' N-scale layout in the garage (below). You're so lucky to have the available space. Which scale are you going with?

Currently, I only have the benchwork built for the sections in gray. The green areas are just pure fantasy for now. It's a 100% Kato Unitrak dual-track layout. I own three DCC systems but everything is still just wired for DC.

Colorfulness Ecoregion Rectangle Product Slope

Attachments

141 - 160 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.