Outfit/Uniform Thing

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by ra6idpenguin, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

I wondering what should I get for my outfit cause I planning on (generally): pants, soft shell jacket type of top, nylon-ish face mask, boots, and a chest rig. Maybe a helmet or hat/cap, with everything in black. Help please? Changes need to be made (equipment and/or colors)? Thanks anyone who helps.

2. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Also I am looking to get it for up to $150, kind of on a low budget.. >.<

3. rblevinski

rblevinski Active Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Do you play CQB or field? Anyway I would stay away from all black. You're definitely going to need to raise your budget for quality gear.

4. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Field. Okay, I'll try to make some more money but what colors would you recommend?

5. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    Try to find colors that match the environment you play in.

6. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Well yeah, I know that much at least.. xD but I play in a couple of environments... So yeah..

7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    We can help with the uniform based on pictures, and I can say right now that Khaki is probably a good choice for your tactical gear.

8. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Woodland? Desert? Urban? You have to help us before we can help you... Also, what type of gun do you have and do you carry a sidearm?

9. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Thanks, Grin, and I'll take pictures when I can. To Broadway, I usually play in a moderately wooded area. Yes, I do carry a sidearm it is a KWC Sig Sauer P226 and my primary weapon an H&K Hk416, which is H&K's version of the M416, which is an assault rifle/carbine. I have a foregrip and a flashlight on it. Hope this will help you.

10. Broadway

Broadway New Member

So you need an OD, coyote brown, or maybe woodland camo chest rig with M4 mag pouches, pistol mag pouches, and a holster, or are you running a drop-leg?

11. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Thanks for those suggestions, and yeah I am looking to get a leg holster instead a belt one or anything like that. I already have a belt one but I hate it when I am running because it always moves around, I just can't stand the thing.

12. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Hopefully these pictures will also help you. Also, should I buy some of the gear at a army/marines surplus store?

Attached Files:

13. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    Look into some surplus M81 woodland, the kind the army navy stores sell for 10 bucks, that or look into some marpat or multi cam. A good pair of surplus army jungle boots 30-40$. Look into some full seal goggles or a full face mask. Also when you are buying your drop leg and what ever you decide to keep your mags in (chest rid, plate carrier, ect...) DO NOT SKIMP. If its cheap it is most likely crap.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  14. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

I already have some full seal goggles but thanks. I also have a full face mask, more specifically a paintball mask. I am actually looking to maybe get a mask like they use when in Afghanistan or something similar to it. I can't remember the specific name for it though... Anyways, thank you for your help, too.

15. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    Are you talking about a shemogh? Make sure you can wear it at the field you play at before you buy it, and if you do get it wear it right.

16. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Oh okay, I will, thank you. I usually don't play at a field because there are none close to me. Still, thank you, and don't worry whenever I play some airsoft I do have permission and the authorities and local people know about what we're doing.

17. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    As for gear, I would ask Knief, He is knowledgeable and very helpful. Also listen to these guys, they mean the best.

18. ra6idpenguin

ra6idpenguin New Member

Alright thank you, Hartman96. You helped me a lot. Oh and just for anyone who will help, I am also into somewhat improvising like, buying a skateboarding helmet an spray painting instead of buying an expensive airsoft helmet.

19. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_41&products_id=3156

This is cheaper than any "good" looking skateboarding helmet at my local Wally world. But I still wouldn't get it, id save and get something like a MICH replica if your looking into helmets.

20. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    The only M416 ever manufactured was and is HK. It's not 'their' version, it is the version. What magazines do you carry?

EDIT: You may want to get a non-LPEG before you buy expensive gear.