Overheated gun

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by TopShot21, Aug 20, 2012.

1. TopShot21

TopShot21 New Member

So yesterday I was playing and my gun overheated. I was shooting full auto in bursts then my gun stopped firing. The motor and battery got really hot and the battery even melted the plastic around it. Do I need to buy a new battery and motor?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ...how long were you holding the trigger down for?

3. TopShot21

TopShot21 New Member

I was shooting in bursts 2 seconds at a time like ------- --------- --------

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Was the motor height normal when it happened? How old is the motor? Have you inspected all the wiring for any damaged insulation or anything that could have cause a short?

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    open up the bottom grip cover and check the motor connectors. they occasionally vibrate off.
    if the motor connectors are still in tact, with the grip cover still removed, connect the battery and see if the motor spins when trigger is pulled. if so, you will need to open up the gearbox for an inspection.

6. TopShot21

TopShot21 New Member

My dad doesn't want me to do anything to the gun right now, he thinks I will mess it up. I forgot to add that I had an m120 spring put inside and the gun came with an m100 or m110 but I think it was am m100. The motor is stock. So I think I am going to get a new motor.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ...How exactly can you fix the gun if you don't do anything inside of it?

8. TopShot21

TopShot21 New Member

He wants me to have airsoft extreme fix it. So should I get a new battery and motor?

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    1. What gun do you have? Brand/model.
    2. Who worked on the gun previously?
    3. Do NOT let AEX work on your gun....they can't even shim properly....f'd up my friend's PSG-1 and G&P XM110 beyond believable.
    4. Issue is probably with shimming. Bad motor height doesn't result in such massive over heating, it just strip the pinion or your gun won't fire at all and even if it does it'll make loud noise that for sure you'd notice something is wrong with it.....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. TopShot21

TopShot21 New Member

1.G&g combat machine
    2. Airsoft extreme put an m120 spring , bucking and air nozzle
    3.they finished early but I only wanted the spring but there was a problem and put a nozzle and bucking in without calling me. My dad knows one of the people that work there.
    4. Gun doesn't do anything when I pull the trigger

11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Combat Machine's typically get overheated and also there motors aren't that good.

12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    as i posted above, open up the grip cover plate. this is a common problem and easy fix. if the motor connector came undone, just slightly recrimp with pliers and plug it back into the motor.

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley

1. G&G has terrible motors, they are known to overheat even under low loads.
    2. It's not about if you know anyone there or not, it's just that AEX sucks at teching.
    3. Do what Alex said, check the connectors, but still the motor was hot enough to melt the grip, get a new motor if you want. I'm also pretty sure that they still suck at shimming.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012