Overspin??

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by John Daley, Oct 25, 2020.

1. John Daley

John Daley New Member

Gardner
    Thanks man, you’ve been a ton of help and make spaces like this so valuable. I guess I really underestimated the spring and never thought I’d be near pushing the limits of the shell to consider an STS...hindsight and $18 probably would’ve kept it from cracking and I’d have been able to try to solve the original issue. But I’ll definitely have more ideas to draw from and regardless of what shell I end up with I’ll definitely be adding a shock transfer block to the mix. Thanks again for the positive reinforcement and great information.

2. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

So they go by the name shock transfer system apparently, STS, sorry for the incorrect term.

Also is there anywhere that even has sorbo pads for m4's that are in stock anymore? I can't even find one around these days.

3. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Ben3721 likes this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    It doesn't, but it also paints a rosier picture than what it actually may be...and that can be costly to the wallet.

The CA mechbox is Inferior to the G&P Mechbox.

As far as "cast" mechboxes go...its one of the top 3 for an OEM mechbox. Unless you get a Evike one that shatters like glass.

5. aotsukisho

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but is there a tier list you can share of brands gearbox shells currently on the market?

Peeque likes this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    OEM units of just shells sold?

7. aotsukisho

Or available in recent models. This is for the sake of moving up in the tier list should a gearbox break and a replacement is needed.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Airsoft is all batch manufacturing. Some OEM's tweek the line, some don't.

It's what's available in "made" guns versus someone like Evike who bought some shells and are just reselling it. Any of the shells Evike gets...nothing special.

Then the other issue is that the beefier mechboxes don't easily fit in an off brand receiver.

I am thinking the 2GX V2 mechbox by KWA...that thing is the #1 OEM Cast shell on the market, but you can't get that thing in very many receivers outside of KWA.

aotsukisho likes this.