P* Help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Kopis, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

I am looking into getting a polar star setup. I don't want to buy the Pre-made gun and would prefer to find a gun and drop the fusion engine in. What do I need for the line that transfers the air. Also I don't know what gun I want to put it in. I want it to be an M4 variant but I don't want to pay to much for gun that I am just going to rip apart. Ideally I would like a VFC 416 but those are a bit to expensive for me, is the Dboys 416 good externally? What else do I need that I might not know about?

2. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Join the Polarstar Airsoft owners group on Facebook if you're able. Theres a lot of reading that you can do on there. The guys from Amped Airsoft and my business partner EngleMacher run it.

Anyway, the basic set up is as follows:

Tank
    Regulator (firebase, palmers, AKA, etc)
    Macro line, or bungie line, or flexi line.
    QD connectors obviously

That's the basic set up.
    It's a good idea to have a secondary regulator after your primary for greater consistency and ease of adjustment. An ARX20 is the most common used. You can mount the secondary reg as close to the tank or as far as you want. I prefer mine hidden in my hydration pouch only a few inches off of my primary reg or a cleaner look. It is easier to adjust your pressure on your own if you leave it outside of the bag, often just below your pistol grip...

If you're flexible, try the King Arms basic m4 (metal bodied version). It's only $190 I believe and the perfect base for it. The FE is usually able to be dropped right in minus the full auto shrink wrap trick.

Take a look around AmpedAirsoft.com; Kurtis, the owner is a great guy and their site is full of info. They also have prebuilt rigs on the site. They can also put a rig together just how you'd like, if you're looking for something other than what's already pre built. You just need to give then a call.

3. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

How do I refill a polarstar's tank?

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    You have to refill a HPA at a Compressed air Refill station lol.

Usually at paintball fields if you play paintball.

Not too many airsoft places own a refill station as far as I know lol.

Or the other option is filling your own with scuba tanks lol. More money.

Getting the base gun/polar star is the first money pit lol.

Now comes the expensive external air rig, and the money to pay for every time you refill your tank lol

5. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    The DBoys 416 is great externally. Besides the lower receiver. The DBoys receivers tend to not take ANY types of mags. Only DBoys highcaps and sometimes not ANY EMags. Beta Project or not. So make sure you grab a new one, preferably from overseas with HK trademarks

6. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

Money pit is right!!! Especially for someone who shoots ALOT! This is going to be a challenge

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Geez -___- you're telling me lol.

I just stick with my AEG's lol. I don't mind just buying battery's whenever haha. "Charging" battery's is a lot better then filling air -___- lol

But.... We can hook up the compressor ;) but.... We'll be stuck in a room to a huge compressor lol

8. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

This may be a stupid question but does it have to be high pressure air? or can it be CO2? Because that is easier for me to get a hold of.

9. antizombie

antizombie Well-Known Member

Schofield
    I don't have a polar star or know a lot about them but I guarantee you it would be no. The co2 would freeze the internal parts of the gun making it break.

10. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    You can use CO2, but I wouldn't suggest it lol.

There's a reason why paintball players are using HPA over co2 lol ;)