P* hpa tank question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by saucystephen, Jun 5, 2015.

1. saucystephen

saucystephen New Member

Manteca
    I'm new to the P* scene, and i know pretty much everything i need to know in order to install and use except one thing. I got a 62ci/3000 psi tank and i was wondering how many shots i will get out of it with a .25 bb? I need to know so i can either order another one or just get a bigger tank. Im going to be using the new "jack" p* engine if that has any effect on the output.

2. stjimmy1500

stjimmy1500 Member

Bloomington
    Somewhere in the P* users manual there is a formula for figuring it out. I believe its (tank capacity in ci) * (tank pressure in psi) / (regulator pressure in psi) = shots per tank

So for you, 62*3000/(whatever psi you're going to use, let's say 100)= roughly 1860 shots. Its not going to be exact, but that's approximately what its going to be. Running lower pressure will increase shots per tank, but lower your fps

3. saucystephen

saucystephen New Member

Manteca
    thank you so much, this is the first time i was able to get a clear answer from anywhere. ill read the manual when i get it and make sure. thanks!

4. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    From what I have seen in the Jack during field testing, it is going to be very air efficient. You'll probably be able to run at @75 psi or less and still get 400 fps out of it. That translates to more shots as well. :)

5. saucystephen

saucystephen New Member

Manteca
    Sorry for the late reply but thank you for the input! i'm looking into suggested psi's for the regulator and this helps out tremendously. I was hoping for 80 psi to be enough because that is what's commonly used (from what i've found) but ill definitely mess around with 75 once i get my system. Thanks!