Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my Polarstar jack is not shooting at a high enough pressure, Or rather when I shoot it, it is very weak Consistently, Not like it shoots weak for the first few shots, it doesn't shoot enough to fling a bb 1 foot let alone out of the barrel...
Things I Troubleshot:
1. PSI
2. FCFE/1
3. O'rings
4. Cleaning
5. Trigger Board
6. FCU settings.

Not sure what's wrong, I Checked on the Solenoid and it seems weak which sucks cause they are pretty expensive. Though I've never seen the solenoid so I really wouldn't know. I've troubleshot everything to the best of my ability. I do not consider my self a tech but I do all my own work. There is not much information about my problem online that's why I'm making this post.
This engine is pretty old, I've recently gotten a new gun and put an F2 in it, so this rifle is just my Sh*tbox and testing gun. I think I've had this engine for about 4-5 years so maybe its just old. Please help, I really want this gun to work.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
@Graybeard my ol' nemesis

I don't work on HPA guns but having checked everything you listed there I wonder if it could it be a hop chamber or barrel issue... have you tested it with a different barrel/hop assembly just to rule that out?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well The problem is only with the engine, all my testing was without the Upper body of my rifle. The engine its self is weak, I emailed Polarstar so ill see what they say.
How do you know it's "weak" if you aren't pushing something through a barrel?

I often thought the amount of air coming out of my gearbox was sub-standard and then I went and chrono-ed the thing to find out it was shooting 400 FPS...have you actually tested it by shooting through a barrel and hop-up unit?

Reactions: rm105

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you know it's "weak" if you aren't pushing something through a barrel?

I often thought the amount of air coming out of my gearbox was sub-standard and then I went and chrono-ed the thing to find out it was shooting 400 FPS...have you actually tested it by shooting through a barrel and hop-up unit?
Okay first of all and this might just be me and the way I read things so I apologize if you are being nice and I am just misinterpreting what you are saying. but I feel like you are pissed off why are you so mad? To Boast about how many kills you've gotten and say how good you are with a springer doesn't bring anything to the table. I'm asking for advice on how to fix an engine, I'm not here to Boost your Ego. second I have had this engine for 4-5 years, I know what it should sound like, and I know what its supposed to look like when it fires the nozzle was moving maybe a Millimeter where as it usually moves around 1-2 centimeters, so in that way it couldn't even make contact with the bucking therefore won't shoot a bb out of the barrel let alone chamber one. I don't see what the springer has anything to do with my original post I mean **** I use a springer, its a shotgun, so yes I do have an idea of how many people you have killed with a springer, I've been playing airsoft for around 9 years. Also Springers can be quite powerful **** look at the recon Mil-sim groups they mostly use spring powered Rifles because they are quiet, easy to use, and can shoot farther than most AEG's and even HPA's. I'm not one of those guys that only likes HPA because #speedsofter ARRGGG, no I just use HPA because its what I grew up around and know best. Either way that has nothing to do with my problem. the amount of air coming out of the barrel couldn't even push a soda can around let alone a piece of paper.

I'll go test it and will enter the post when I have tested:

I just tested it and no it didn't work, it couldn't even push a BB out of the barrel as I suspected. Though as I was recording a video with the upper off to show you and others that might have insight as to what's happening, the problem fixed itself and it started working normally. Now I am assuming that one of the O-rings inside the engine was not sitting right, that's the only thing I can think of. Or that it just needed Cleaning, which is weird because I cleaned it then stopped using it because I got my F2. Maybe I'm using to much Tech-T sav Grease and it the nozzle was sticking to something?? Next time I clean it I will use less Grease and see if that helps. Thank you for your reply, but I saw it as kind of rude, and once again I apologize if you didn't mean it that way, but that's how I read it. Also I apologize if my Reply to @rm105 Seemed rude I did not intend for it to seem that way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You've already stated that you checked and cleaned the o-rings but it might be worth another inspection. I had the same issue with a new P* F2 unit because a very tiny, almost microscopic, piece of debris got under one of the o-rings and I missed it on my initial inspection.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you have set the regulator correctly, and the engine is still not operating correctly; then I would take it apart again and give it a good cleaning. And ya, don’t use too much grease. That can cause issues as you described them. I’ve not used many electrically operated engines such as the jack. But have had similar issues with my Redline N7m after letting it sit for a year. I took it down and regreased everything, and checked orings. When I put it back together, it worked properly again. THe Kytheras will let you know they are dirty when they won’t fully cycle on the first shot after sitting for an hour or more. What’s the rig setup you’re running? What regulator? Have you tested the air rig with your other HPA?

My experience is that HPA systems are pretty cut and dry, and when not operating correctly, it’s usually do to being dirty…But as I mentioned before, I don’t have much experience with the Jack at all. Hope this was helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts