P.m.c gear loadout

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by skimpy101, Aug 12, 2012.

1. skimpy101

skimpy101 New Member

I want to look like a pmc solder but i dont know what to get:confused:???
    What gear do they wear???

2. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    PMCs wear literally, whatever they want. Except for camo

3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    False, common misconception. Usually PMCs have a general guideline to what they can wear provided by their contactor and company. They do have flexibility (esp. compared to a countries standard military), but not as much as some people think they do.

Also copied from my last time I replied to something similar:

Not all contractors use Kalashs either, they use a wide assortment, depending on the contractee(?), often they will run an AR platform weapon, but AKs are sometimes used, I've also seen PMCs with M249s and other assortments of weapon.

Blackhawk and 5.11 stuff is very popular with PMCs and PMC-copycats, any set of 5.11 pants will almost always work with a PMC loadout. Baseball caps, a chest rig/body armor/usually not a PC, and a decent belt with dropleg usually can help start a good formula.

4. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    I also have a question. I am getting a Khaki RRV and plan on wearing a black dryfit Tshirt or polo. Would Khaki or Multicam tact pants work better for a PMC or Operator setup?

5. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    Khaki. PMCs don't wear camo

6. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
    That statement is false. While most PMCs wear khaki there are some that wear or used to wear camo. I would find some pics for you but that is impossible to do from my phone. I believe Khaki is most common nowadays due to the fact that it is illegal (I'm pretty sure) for PMCs to wear camo in Afghanistan. To answer the OPs question, go for khaki pants and a black shirt and it should look good with the khaki RRV. If you go with multicam it will look fine but it won't be the PMC look you are looking for.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  7. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Wrong, PMCs wear what they're issued, in Afghanistan (there may be other Middle Eastern countries as well) they're not allowed to wear camo. If they're issued MC then they'll wear MC. That being said, Khaki would be more universal to have.

Like I said,5.11 and Blackhawk! work perfectly. The polo is usually more private security though to be more "business casual". You could wear either and look fine.

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    For a PMC loadout, you want to carry only what is needed. Generally, khaki or other colored pants, black or other colored polo or t-shirt, light vest that works, glasses, some type of cap, most common a baseball cap, and some good boots. The PMC wears what they are told but can change their loadout to fit their environment. They do not normally carry alot with them. Their jobs usually require them to move faster than standard military and have better range of motion as well. You can honestly get away with whatever you want as long as you dont wear anything military or that have military markings as your not part of any military branch.
    I just typed in PMC Afghanistan and i got a bunch of pictures.

Attached Files: