P226, Which one should I get?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Potation, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Potation

Potation New Member

Fremont
    I'm interested in getting a P226, and so far I have narrowed it down to the KJW (cybergun) and the KWA. I read somewhere that KWA is releasing a new p226 at the end of this month, but I'm not sure if that is true. In terms of price, I would rather save some money, but for airsoft, I think quality>price. Opinions?

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Not sure about the new KWA P226, but I will tell you from a first hand experience, the KJW is a better product. I've seen too many KWA P226 pistols suddenly crap out for no reason. The last 3 were actually fresh out the box. 2 were purchased and brought to the field and failed before the first game. The other failed in store when someone was showing the features.
    I've seen more KJW P226 pistols in person in comparison to the KWA and far fewer of those have I seen fail.
    On top of that the KJW compatible mags are much cheaper than the KWA mags, AND the gun still performs exceptionally well.

Now I'm not saying all KWA 226 pistols are crap, I'm just saying a majority of them that I've seen are prone to issues, and ALL the issues are focused around the slide. Either it doesn't fully cycle, or locks itself "closed"

3. Blades

Blades New Member

Don't know if this can help or not, but I can definitely give a good word for KJW. I've got my trusty M9 from them and that gun has held up to an immense amount of beating. KJW is a very very good budget brand.

4. ClockEO

ClockEO New Member

KJW I have also heard problems with the KWA p226 or p229.. I forget which one. I have a friend who was in the same spot you were in and went KJW.

5. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    It's gotta be the P226. As far as I remember, KJW makes the P229, and it's a pain because spare mags are a bit hard to find. The P229 and P226 mags are not compatible.

6. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    I have the kwa p226. It is spectacular...when it works. And truthfully it isn't really all that great besides the gas efficientcy. The hop up turns as it is shooting, on both of the models that I have owned. The gun also seems to just randomly stop shooting every once in a while. Go with the KJW. Also I am sure KWA will fix it eventually. They took off the white letter when the community asked for it, they will fix the gun.

7. Potation

Potation New Member

Fremont
    Thanks everyone for your input! I was just wondering if I should wait for more info on the new KWA, do you guys think I should wait, or just go with the KJW?

8. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Just get the KJW. You will love it and it's that much cheaper.

9. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    Totally your choice. VEry little info has been given about the new coming P226, but I'm willing to bet the biggest difference is the corporation of the KWA new gas system.

If you want it now, well you've heard from the masses. IF you're willing to wait, just wait it out and see what happens