P90, Upgradeable, 350 FPS or less with .2's

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BlueReaper46, Oct 8, 2012.

1. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I am looking for a P90 for CQC. It needs to chrono less than 350 FPS with .2's, and I would like to be able to upgrade it. Also, if there is a way to fit a Large Type 9.6 volt battery in it without a outside attachment that would be great... my price range is less than $150 if possible. This is what ive looked at so far:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=408_422&products_id=5218

I like the price, and I have seen it mentioned as good, but I dont like the barrel length. If theres one with a shorter barrel, and possibly rails to incorporate sights and later a laser that would be nice. Any and all help is appreciated!

EDIT: I would prefer not to buy from Megastore or Airsplat. But i will if i must.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. pitviper

pitviper New Member

Check out airsoft megastore they have a big assortment of stuff

3. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I would like to upgrade the RoF, make it as quiet as possible, then add a slightly longer barrel and mock suppressor, upgrade the hop-up, and be able to use a 9.6V battery.

4. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

The gun you picked is a very good choice if you're gonna upgrade. I was gonna reccomend that if you linked another one.

5. svdgodofairsoft

svdgodofairsoft New Member

If you havent yet you should try evike or airsoftgi and if you are willing to go a little over budget you could probobly get airsoftgi to customize one with a shorter barrel

6. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

The only thing is I do not like to long barrel. I would prefer a short one.

7. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    This is probably the best choice in your pricerange. The KS P90 is solid, make sure you don't get a CA sportline.

8. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Yea thats what I have read(I used the search function:D), though I cant find one with a short barrel.

9. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I would reccomend going with the long version, it provides more accuracy and also protects an upgraded inner barrel.

10. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

This will mainly be for CQC, and I planned on using a mock suppressor when I upgraded the barrel, and I wanted to make it as silent as possible when I upgraded it so the suppressor would fit well with the gun. I also need it under 350 FPS with .2's, that one has it at 350-380(I know this may not be entirely accurate)

11. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Get a KS P90 for around 100$, then spend 50$ on internal upgrades, it needs them IMO.

12. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Do you know where I could find a short barreled version? and what upgrades would you recommend?

13. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    This is largely untrue. The amount of accuracy you get from a longer barrel is minuscule in Airsoft. I can't say about the upgraded quality of the inner barrel, but I can say it won't be gamebreaking.

Oh, and props to the OP on searching. That's a new one.

14. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I've been here for a little while, so I know how angry people can get;) once I figured out that if you search through the classifieds and go to the forum tab it doesn't exclude any words due to being to short or being to common, it was pretty easy to find info.

15. TheAirsoftTech

EhobbyAsia had them, last time I checked.

Upgrades:
    Bushings upgrade.
    Maybe a new spring if its firing to hot.
    Hopup bucking. (Fine tune it)
    Air nozzle.
    Better barrel.
    Piston.
    Motor. (It's kinda slow for a P90..)
    Maybe new wiring.
    New battery. 7.4v will work with out a MOSFET.
    This will be more than 50$, but its what I would do; out of the box.

16. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Well itll only be used semi auto for now(indoor field rules) until I paint it and take it to the outdoor field I play at(where itll be my back-up primary). I dont have EHobbyAsia bookmarked so i forgot to check there:(

17. TheAirsoftTech

Then you may not need a new motor, but a better motor will give you better trigger response too.

18. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Apparently you don't know airsoft... The long the BB is in the barrel, the more stabilized it is. Ask anyone..

19. TheAirsoftTech

The longer the barrel the more room there is for error. A longer barrel doesn't necessarily mean "more acuracy" my P90 is more acurate than my friends KWA M4.

20. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Well people on here are giving wrong information out.. Lol