Painting my M700

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by DadCRO, Nov 30, 2012.

1. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

So I recently got a KJW M700, and I want to paint it. I have some experience painting airsoft guns, so I'm pretty confident about not messing up. However, I'm not sure what style will look the best on the gun. Here are some options.

Patterns I'm debating:

Snakeskin
    Diagonal stripes with inverted smudges
    A blendy pattern using layered stripes
    Tiger strip using stencils

Patterns I don't want to do:

Woodland
    Solid color

Patterns I'm not sure of my abilities about:

Digital camo
    Marpat

So, what do you think I should paint the gun? You can also recommend things that aren't on the list; I might have forgotten some. Also, I only want to paint the body of the gun, not the barrel or scope.

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    snakeskin if you cna do it properly always looks amazing. depending on your environment, the color of the "skin" would change obviously but I love the desert "skin" look personally.

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Same with ^^^

Snakeskin would look epic if done properly. But if you don't think you can handle it, you can do two tone OD green and black or grey. That looks really good and most of the time, the gun is already black, so you only need to get one color.

4. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Ok. I've been wanting to try painting snakeskin (and I think that it would look awesome, too), and I figured that if I mess up, I can always paint over it.

5. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    True. Also, do you plan on putting on any clear coating?

6. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Of course! Otherwise it would just rub/scratch off.

I've painted guns before, but I haven't done snakeskin.