Pancake's teching "journal"

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by pancakemix56, Nov 6, 2012.

1. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I saw a bunch of people doing this and I typically have 2-3 projects going on at once so I decided to just mash them all together into one thread.

Currently here are my guns:

Jg m16 dmr:
    Status: never opened, not going to upgrade until I have at least 1 working gun.

Cyma cm028b:
    Gearbox functions but missing parts externally and gun won't feed.

G&p m16a3 zombie killer:
    I can't seem to get the gun completing the circuit to the motor. I bought new contacts but that did absolutely nothing.

Jg mk36:
    Completely apart, never found my problem so I just put all my parts into the ak.

Agm m4:
    I have a couple pieces left of this gun after I sold bits and pieces here and there. This is just for use in future builds

Broken jg m4 gearbox:
    Just bought it for parts

2. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

See what you have left in your M16s and M4s and then put them together to make a good weapon.

3. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I refuse to take apart the jg m16 until I have a working gun.

The g&p m16 has all the parts needed to work.

My m4s are just there for parts for future projects.

I have all the parts needed for all my projects.

4. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Are you sure the motor in the G&P works? If it does I'd check the wiring in depth.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol the Pancake thread ;D bwahaha

CYMA ak:
    Needs atleast 4 screws to feed. Unless you wanna use duck tape.

Zombie killer:
    - shouldn't be too hard. Just change out the motor if everything looks good with the wires.

6. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    G36:
    So what's the plan for this? It's easy to put the whole thing back together

AGM m4:
    Alrights

JG m4 gearbox:
    Alrights again lol

7. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    Okay so I didn't really update the g&p m16 in detail.

The motor was burning up and just was bad so I purchased the red lonex balance motor. With that brand new motor, I can't complete the circuit.

Before I do anything, my work bench is an absolute mess.

Before/after pictures will be posted

8. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Well make sure the motor works first and run it through another gun if all else fails.

If its a G&P M120 motor then it is to be expected to heat up on a 11.1v LiPo

9. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I have tested the motor simply by completing the circuit by hand. It works. I have never run an 11.1 lipo in any of my guns. Only 7.4v lipos wired to deans. The m16 always had a fuse in it. Again, I will diagnose the problem once my work bench is cleaned.

10. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    That's good then :) then all you have to worry about is the wires and contacts

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You're not good with electrical stuff, are you? Lol. Some possibilities for the lack of it working inside the gun are a pinched wire, carbon buildup on the trigger contacts, the selector plate not having the brass contact plate if your gun has that (I believe it does), and/or a bad solder joint.

12. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    The "before"

All parts mixed together. No real separation of projects.

Attached Files:

13. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Eesh, I mean really, you should have an organized space to tech.

14. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I like what you tech area "can" look like :)

Work in progress right pancake? :)

15. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I see what you did there :).
    The bench is done but I have scattered parts around my basement and another area I work with in my basement and I also have a box of just random parts, so I have a lot more to do than just that picture.

Anyways,
    I was screwing around with some different parts and the contact I was using in the m16, was brand new, but wasn't working? I tried a different one, and I think it works. Tomorrow I think I am going to assemble it.

Also,

My trigger contact set is wired to the front... Any ideas? None of my batteries fit in the hand guard. And if I played with the wires to make them go to the back I'd have to take off the stock every time.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  16. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Since I wired my gun to the back I have to take the stock off every time I dissemble my gun... It's annoying, but I can deal with it. I think the only other solution is an RIS + PEQ box. Or you could buy a new set of batteries I guess.

17. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Hmmm that's not good news on the m16 lol :(

Well, re-route them to the back lol :) pretty easy really. Just make sure you have access to the wire via stock tube/full stock.

Better then buying all new tiny batteries to fit the handguard lol

18. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I don't think I was too clear.

The wire isn't long enough to go all the way back to the stock, so every time I'd need to connect a battery I'd need to take the stock off.

19. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Mr.Pancake :) lol. To save you time and effort, solder on a longer piece of wire :) doesn't have to be perfect, just splice the old one and add a new one :)

20. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I eventually want to upgrade to a MOSFET so I can use 11.1 lipos and not have to worry that much.

For now I guess I'll just solder on wire from the old wire set.

Eventually I want to upgrade to 16 (I think it's 16 I'll check) gauge wiring.

Okay update:

Tonight my friends coming over (he wants to get into teching) and he will help me and we're trying the m130. Shimming will be done and aoe will be corrected. Will the lonex a1 be able to pull the m130 using a 7.4 lipo?