Partys introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Party, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Party

Party New Member

Linköping
    Hi!

I am new to this forum, well, I have just registered but I have been reading a lot on this forum before.

My Name is Johan and I come from Sweden. I play in a team called S.A.G Airsoft and started there this year, 2012. I have just played a few times but are really hocked on it :)

Weapons:
    JG G36K
    Cyma SVD
    2x ASG MK23
    And one other pistol that is furthest down in the box

I haven't been testing out all my guns yet but I am pretty sure that the SVD with a suppressed MK23 as backup will be my favorite setup.

Camo:
    Members of S.A.G play in British DPM camo.

Johan S:)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Welcome to the boards! Now give me one of your MK23s. :p (kidding)

Remember to read the rules, don't argue with mods, search before posting, and as always, enjoy your stay!

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to read the rules and have fun!

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    You know what this means right..........

The Party just hit Airsoft Society!!!!

Woooooooo party time!!!!

Anyway, have fun, search around and share any knowledge you may have. This forum has a lot to share, so put your learning cap on. Enjoy your stay.

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Hola and welcome to the society, here you will be able to rebuild your airsoft life with threads and threads of new information! Up at the top is a search bar, it will look like this.

[​IMG]

One of the greater things about this society is that it's been around FOREVER so you can imagine nearly every simple question has been asked before, such as "what's the best m4 for 150 dollars?", "What's the best brand?", or "Help with DMR build" and all that information can be yours (if your're willing to learn that is)!
    Alternatively if you have trouble with the search bar, you can try searching via google and just attaching "airsoft society" to the end of it. Like so.
    [​IMG]

Now I don't mean to bully you, and you may be wondering why I'm giving you all this new information, but around here we have a rash of new guys who always ask the same questions, and to be frank, it gets old. So I'm targeting just making you aware of all this the second you join, so you can help us avoid some of the trouble.

Now of all you're replicas which do you like the most?
    My personal favorite that I've been showing off everywhere is my, well what use to be my KA M4, now it's some sort of Noveske m16a4, one of these days when I get off my butt and move I intend to stencil some stuff on it, in pink of course. Pink and black do go well together so I think.
    [​IMG]

Oh and like everyone else said, be sure to read the rules! http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/announcement-rules-regulations.html

Lastly, because some people don't understand the concept we have people called moderators, who hang about the forum policing it and making sure the rules are followed! You may notice them as some of the guys giving threats:D either way you are going to want to make sure you check the rules to stay out of the way of those guys, those guys being (Currently active Mods off the top of my head)
    Sparky D
    Knief
    NJnewland
    The only buster
    lil_shady
    Griffin
    Unless you have some very solid evidence arguing with any mods isn't a good idea.

Do you have any tech experience by chance? Techs are always a nice addition to the forum, always have people asking about builds and people who need help fixing their gun. If you're not perfectly that's perfectly fine as well! Hang around here long enough and you'll probably try something or other with your gearbox. One note on posting although, another thing people have a tendency to do when they join (and even some members who've been around a while) is give out poor information or give out simply incorrect information, don't be afraid to share your experiences or your opinion, but if you get into a factual argument, please please make sure you're facts are right for example please don't post things along the lines of

First off that would violate the rules which state to use proper spelling and grammar, so let's go ahead and add that in.

This is better, at least you aren't violating any rules with this, however one of the first things you should learn is that FPS doesn't mean nearly as much as people would like to believe, for example the difference in range between 350 FPS and 380 FPS is negligible. So that isn't really a selling point, also when you think about it that post really doesn't describe much about the gun! Let's try making it a non arguable statement with some more details. A good guide (when recommending something) is to find several things you like about the gun and at least making note of one thing you didn't like, this way people can see you're at least trying to be non biased, for example, I'm much more likely to believe the guy saying "Yeah I personally love goldenball bbs, they get me fantastic range, but I have spotted a high rate of bbs with bubbles in them." than the guy who says, "Goldenball bbs are awesome, they get me fantastic range!" Now adding that all into this quote.

This is a much better post, however brings me to the last of my points, if you ever tell someone to look for something try to provide a link. If there are several lancer tactical reviews he may find a crap one where a guy fires 5 shots at a paper target on his backpack some 15 feet away. To avoid this, link him and he can go watch a decent review, then maybe find other reviews on his own.

That's all for now, read, check out the sales section (classifieds) and post!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Your Cyma SVD. I like it. I have the Echo 1 CSR.

And what Marine said.

7. Party

Party New Member

Linköping
    Thanks!

Fyzix- You would like one of those, wouldn't you. They look really impresive I think :)

Maxuhmize- Thanks

TYSONtheSNIPER- I like shots and I take them every chance I get! ;)

marine121496- Thanks. I plan to try to modify my CYMA SVD and than change the parts that doesn't preform as good as I would like (Mainly the hop-up and air nozzle, I hope). That will probably be useful to others since it has a quite different gearbox. I will also see if I can figure out what can be used from a RS SVD in the CYMA as upgrade parts as well.

IHOP- I like it too. I'm hoping that I can make it preform really good. I have never seen the Echo 1 CSR but I googled it and it looks nice :)

8. soviet

soviet New Member

How's the CYMA SVD? I have an A&K one that I'm upgrading, but haven't looked into AEGs.

9. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Welcome to the AS, Party.

10. Party

Party New Member

Linköping
    Hi!

I haven't tested it yet. I hope to do so this Sunday and then I can tell you. However I have read a lot of reviews and seen some videos of it and it is pretty impressive stock. One thing that annoys me just is that it take quite a long time to fire when you pull the trigger due to that it got 4 gears to relieve stress and due to that it got to pull the piston longer since it got 19 tooths. It make it a little slow and noisy. A bigger battery (11.1V LiPo) made the response time much better. But I got a 140 spring in it which isn't helping these aspects of the gun. One thing that those that have reviewed this gun is unanimous about is that the stock hop-up rubber is bad and need to be changed.

I will make it quieter and improve/upgrade/modify it and post it on the forum with pictures for everyone to see. But before that I will test it so I can compare the result with how it is now. I don't know when it will be finished but I planed to start modify it soon and update it on the forum as I progress.

I can send you a PM with links to the thread when I start and a description and perhaps a video if you like or pictures of the shooting results (the target). I can't promise the video doe.

11. soviet

soviet New Member

That would be nice. You seem to know your teaching?

12. Party

Party New Member

Linköping
    I have accumulated a lot of knowledge by reading but I do not have much experience in gearboxes and hop-up units. I just plan to have guides and simple sense when I start and take one step at the time. It will be slow but I prefer to do it once correct and not have to redo everything.

13. soviet

soviet New Member

If you need help just MSG me.

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Welcome to the forum, Party. If you need any help with anything related to teching, shoot me a PM. I'd be delighted to help. It's also great if you do a lot of research, but if you can't find something, I can always point you in the right direction. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time here, and I'll see you around!