Patche

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by X12SCOPEZ, Oct 27, 2012.

1. X12SCOPEZ

X12SCOPEZ New Member

How do you design a custom patch online??

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    You don't design them online generally, you just buy them online.

3. X12SCOPEZ

X12SCOPEZ New Member

I thought all these people have custom ones so I thought u coals have customs ones to

4. Grin

Irvine
    You can. You design them with a program such as photoshop and then give the design to one of the many companies who will produce custom patches. What I said is that you generally do not make the design online.

By the way, please make your posts readable in the future. It makes it harder for us to understand and help you when you refuse to use the English language.

5. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Batman makes some. They look like stickers on velcro, though

6. X12SCOPEZ

X12SCOPEZ New Member

So just photoshop and sorry bout that!!

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    There are a few different ways. Supplying the pictures to a skilled maker is easiest. Mutinous Creations has the lowest minimum order I've seen, you can buy ONE patch.

8. X12SCOPEZ

X12SCOPEZ New Member

So how can u go through it with more detail please?

9. Grin

Irvine
    Okay, there are businesses such as Mutinous Creations that will produce patches for you. Some, like Mutinous Creations, will help you design exactly what you want but it will cost extra. Essentially, go into a program such as Photoshop or GIMP and make your patch design. Then, go to a company that will make custom patches and order the custom patches. During the process of ordering, it will request that you give the design. They will then produce a patch for you. It's really not that complicated, Scope.

As an example of a patch design, I've included my unit's as well as my personal design. My personal is as simple as removing the obnoxious "1" from the TF Mako symbol in MOH:W and adding in "Grin". The unit design is custom-made.

newteamlogo.jpg

grintrademarkblackbackground.jpg

10. EagleDriver

EagleDriver New Member

Unfortunately, I tried ordering from them (saw them on ASF), paid my money, and never heard from them again. I had to get it back through PayPal.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  11. Grin

Irvine
    You might want to keep up with their news. Bri has been overloaded with school work AND Mutinous Creations. In fact, she's even been contemplating closing down her business. Hopefully she doesn't, because she does some amazing work.

12. X12SCOPEZ

X12SCOPEZ New Member

Thank you for your help guys!

13. Grin

Irvine
    No problem, bro. We're here to help.

14. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Yep. That's basically what it is. $4 shipped per patch. Get what you pay for.

15. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Try talking to them again. Maybe it was just bad internet gimmicks.

16. EagleDriver

EagleDriver New Member

I tried many times with only one e-mail reply. Then, no replies at all. So after 5 weeks I asked for a refund. Then I got a reply that they did not have record of my order and asked me to send the e-mail thread again. I just asked for a refund, and did not get any response.

The bottom line is that if you have a business, then you have to deliver on that business. I really don't mean to sound uncaring, but I paid for patches, and they did not deliver. There is no reason that I have to keep up with news about them. I should get the service that I paid for.

Another patch supplier, Linda at Camotech does excellent work but she can take a while as she puts her active duty customers first. She communicates if there is a delay, however, so I am kept informed of what is going on. No such info from MC.

17. MutinyBri

MutinyBri New Member

Victorville
    Are you saying you never got a refund? Because I thought you said you did get your money back, just to get the record clear. I would like to help you if not.

MC is in a difficult spot right now. We are receiving hundreds of emails and simply don't have the man power (yet) to reply to them all.

Before two months ago we would get out most orders same day or next day, then we had issues with our supplier not being able to get us materials anymore, and we ran out of supplies to finish some orders. This backed us up everywhere and we haven't been caught up completely in 6 weeks. I am also attending college full-time and living on my own at the age of 19. I don't always have the time I need to run MC. I keep saying "we" but it's more like "I".

I only have two "employees" and their just good friends that help me out when I'm overloaded.

I know this sounds like a list of excuses, but it isn't. It's just the way it is right now. I've only been making patches and shirts for 6 months, and Mutinous Creations has only been open a year. All new businesses have their hiccups. We haven't been established for years and years like Evike and Airsoft GI, we have new problems every day that we have to deal with and learn from. We are striving to have lightening fast turn-around time and acceptable email response time, but we haven't been capable of it recently.

But one thing we will do is make sure everyone is satisfied in the end. This means that orders that never got sent out for some reason or got sent to the wrong address are replaced, refunded or both. All emails will be responded to when all paid for orders have been sent out. No one will have paid money and not gotten their order. Period.

Also, it's mostly the small orders we have problems with. Generally orders over 5 patches are processed in a few days. For efficiency we make small orders at the same time and this is where we have run into issues with sending out the wrong order, forgetting an order, etc. However, we are getting faster at orders and getting better every day. Most other companies won't even deal with orders under 5 patches; but we're not giving up at it (yet).

The main point I'm trying to make is that we are a new, small, business. Things have not been good for our customers lately; and we are aware of this. But in the near future things will get better, and just because you caught us at a bad time does not mean you should go around telling everyone else to never use us again.