Pc

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by alek9952, Dec 11, 2012.

1. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

2. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Eh, I would avoid Condor. I'm sure someone else will inform you as to why, or you can search it. Flyye and Pantac make a few good vests/PCs in that price range.

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Agreed with L5. Try shootercbgear for flyye and GI for Pantac.

4. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

Why is that and is there amy on evike?

5. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    There's also www.airsoftsmith.com for Pantac, the shipping will be a lot less since it's US based. The prices themselves are a bit higher, but depending what you order it could be cheaper.

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Because it is low-grade equipment and not worth wasting money on. And no, Evike does not carry Pantac or Flyye last time I checked.

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    True. But GI is in America so it should be the same as Airsoft smith. But anyways, it's just not high quality and the molle weaving is bad.

Edit: @jake, I'm pretty sure evike's phantom gear is flyye.

8. sparta

sparta New Member

Why not condor? I'm looking at getting a condor chest rig and know nothing about the brands.

Edit: sorry, posted a little late :(

9. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Yes,Try any of those company's condor is cheap and you will replace it anyways when it breaks.

10. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Read post above yours, sir.

11. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    What you see a lot with Condor/OE Tech and other cheap brands are seams fraying and tearing and webbing ripping loose. But the bigger problems are usually crooked rows of webbing or loops too narrow to weave a pouch through properly. This ends up either limiting your space or putting a lot of stress on just one or two loops instead of distributed across the surface of the vest. When a pouch gets tugged or caught, it either rips out the webbing on the vest or the straps on the pouch. The other major problem is the design of their vests. Companies that manufacture real gear put a lot of work into designing stuff that distributes weight safely and comfortably. If they don't, soldiers carrying 80 lb loads get permanent nerve damage (see: MTV). The companies that make nice reproduction gear benefit from the work done by the high end manufacturers. Companies like Condor, however, make stuff that sort of looks the part, but put no effort into the actual load distribution in their equipment. So you put the same load on a crappy Condor vest and it feels a lot heavier than it would on a better vest. If you load it up enough, you start causing physical harm to your body (see: MTV).

There are a lot of reasons to avoid Condor and other cheap gear, and it's not just the shorter than average expected life span. It really is bad gear. Invest in something better and you'll be much happier in the long run.

AirsoftGI's selection of Pantac stuff sucks and last I checked it was overpriced. www.airsoftsmith.com is a far better retailer, especially in terms of customer service. If you're buying Pantac, they're the place to buy from.

12. sparta

sparta New Member

So, what do you guys recommend?

13. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC

image-2962016538.jpg

Pantac, Flyye, LBT, or eagle industries. Unless you mean the exact model o____o

14. sparta

sparta New Member

I'll look and see what models I like. Thx :) and what is that pic of? I know it's a bunch of little ones, but what is it supposed to form?

15. Knief

Ann Arbor
    sparta,

This isn't your thread. If you're looking for gear recommendations, please start your own thread rather than hijacking somebody else's. And that picture is a massive facepalm made up of little facepalms. It's a facepalm because you asked what we suggest after about four different people all suggested the same stuff.

16. sparta

sparta New Member

I wasn't sure which one was the best, 2nd best and so forth (sorry I didn't specify my question). So I just took the order you put them in as the order I was looking for.

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    FLYYE and Pantac are nearly identical. Somebody mentioned LBT and Eagle. Both of those make real gear used by our military overseas, they're about as top-of-the-line as gear gets. They're also some of the most expensive options out there most of the time. There are a lot of really nice high end brands out there like Eagle and LBT (Crye, HSGI, Tactical Tailor, DBT, BFG, etc.), but again, most of those are expensive. For airsofters, FLYYE and Pantac are really the only two companies that make good gear at an affordable price.

18. sparta

sparta New Member

Thx man, all this will help Alek hopefully :)

19. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

The reason im ordering from evike is because of the low prices and the 20% off coupon code, do you thin airsoft smith is going to save me some money because that is what im aiming towards

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Evike carries bad gear. If you order from them you'llnget a terrible vestbthat you'll need to replace soon. So in that sense, yes, ordering from AirsoftSmith will save you money. But more importantly, if you buy Pantac from AirsoftSmith, you're getting a very well made vest. You get what you pat for in this case, and you can't think entirely with your wallet if you don't want terrible gear.