PDI hop ups with Maruzen Type 96 rifle

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RoosterX, Nov 19, 2012.

1. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

I have a new Madbull 6.03mm APS2 inner barrel and was wondering what modification could be done to fit a PDI hop up? I'm trying to avoid purchasing a new AEG barrel!
    Thanks in advance!

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Eh :/ you'd would still have to buy AEG unless you really want to chance ruining the APS II inner barrel.

I'd just swap out for a AEG barrel. Or trade someone lol.

3. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

Yes, I need to do something because the in consistency with the stock hop up is wearing me out. I upgraded to a $50 piston, $20 cap, $20 spring guide using the stock spring to make the sears last and keep the sound low. Also installed several barrel spacers along with the new Madbull 6.03mm barrel but still inconsistent and not getting much if any backspin on the .28g BB's and it drops after about 70 ft from the end of the barrel. I will not need the APS II barrel so I thought someone might know if it could be machined to use the PDI hop up in order to save another $35. Thanks for your wisdom and help with this!

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Well the stock hop up is fixed lol.

Get a PDI chamber and new bucking. You should be good to go.

I've been running mines for over 5 years. Same bucking and same PDI inner. Pushing 680 fps. I have the PDI 3000 spring on hand to go past 700 if need be

5. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I have a PDI hop I can sell you, basically brand new

6. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

Wow, I couldn't use that where we play. I'm guessing on this, but my rifle is shooting about 475fps with .20g. It's not very fast but maybe too fast for the stock hop up. I had my wife shoot me from 140ft and it stung the mess out of me through thick jeans and left a purple mark on my leg! Not consistent though-she was aiming at my head (protected) then the very next shot, it hit the center of my back between my shoulder blades and I barely felt it!

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I don't know which APS II you have. Is it the older fixed hop up versions? Mine was a 1997 model APS II OR version with a fixed hop up.

If you got a newer models like the SV, should have the adjustable. You could even switch out for a Chinese clone if you want. They're not the best, but... Are adjustable lol.

8. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

It's the newest adjustable stock hop up that TSD puts in their SD 96. I took the stock one out after the plastic arm broke and installed a new original hop up but is extremely inconsistent. I tried with the adjustment screw at every position possible but never did get consistent.