Peeque's Tech Thread

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Peeque, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Peeque

Peeque Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lancaster
    Current Guns: G&G CM16, CA Scar-L, CA Scar-L², KWA SR10, G&G FN2000, and AGM StG44.

Future guns: Well AK12

G&G CM16:

This is my DMR build. It's still a work in progress but is almost finished.

Part/Mod List:
    Lonex V.2 GB Shell
    Lonex V.2 Ball Bearing Spring Guide
    ZCI M130
    SHS 14.5t Piston (38g)
    Super Shooter Piston Head
    ZCI Anti-Heat Full Cylinder
    SHS V.2/3 Cylinder Head
    SHS V.2 Nozell
    SHS Tappet Plate
    SHS Gen 4 12:1 or 10:1 gears
    Gate Titan Mosfet
    SHS HT Motor

G&G Green
    ProWin HopUp w/ M-Nub
    ZCI 455mm Barrel

Basic Gearbox tuning
    Increased piston weight to 38g.
    Barrel R-Hop'd by lSherlockl
    HopUp Flat-Hop'd by lSherlockl
    Deans
    CA Scar-L²:

This is my other Scar-L. It will be tuned for field play.

Part/Mod List:
    Stock/VFC
    deans
    Basic gearbox tuning

Future Upgrades:
    Flat-Hop
    Maybe R-Hop​

CA Scar-L:

I like this gun a lot more than I thought I would. It's a mix of metal and polymer so it's heavier than I expected. Shoots 330fps w/ .25g.

Part/Mod List:
    Stock
    deans
    Basic gearbox tuning

Future Upgrades:
    Flat-Hop
    Maybe R-Hop​

KWA SR10:

I bought this here on the forums too from Rushin. I haven't used it that much since I bought it. It's completely stock as far as I know.

Part/Mod List: Stock

Future Upgrades: None​

StG 44:

I finally bought one! This will be a DMR-ish build. Range of a DMR but with a 3rd burst to also help push up.

Part/Mod List:
    Stock.

Future Upgrades:

Full size cylinder (2.5-3:1 ratio)
    Basic gearbox tuning​

G&G FN2000:

I bought this from Zaryk here on the forums. I've had it for some time now and I really like it. It's a great field gun. If I'm not using my DMR I'm probably using this.

Part/Mod List: Unknown/Stock

Future Upgrades:
    Replace Cut-Off Lever
    Replace Bucking​

*Future Guns:*

Well AK12:

Haven't bought it yet, maybe in a month or so. Will attempt to make it a good field gun.

Part/Mod List: N/A

Future Upgrades:
    Replace entire gearbox
    Replace barrel
    Flat-Hop​

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Alex Sourakakone and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  2. Peeque

Lancaster
    I sold the FAL back to TechSlave71, and the Scar-L just came in the mail. I had to rewire it to deans which took longer than expected. The stock has an adjustable cheek rest and the wires were screwed onto the top of it. I had to figure out how to take that off to be able to unscrew the wires and then I was able to put on the deans connector.

Chrono'd at 330FPS w/ .25g. I still haven't figured out how to get my Chrono to measure RPS so I'm unsure of that. I'd guess around 20. The trigger response isn't the greatest but isn't terrible. I will shim, regrease, adjust AOE, and all that fun stuff later. If that doesn't help the trigger response enough I may replace the motor, I have a Lonex A2 somewhere I can use. Not sure what type of motor the Scar takes so I may not be able to use that.

I don't know what it's range is yet but I would like to get it up to 200ft+. The FPS is fine at 330. Tuning the gearbox will likely increase it a bit, as long as it doesn't go above 380 we're good as that's my fields limit for .25g's.

3. Peeque

Lancaster
    EDIT: How do you add pictures to a post? I tried the IMG tag but it doesn't seem to be working.

So I decided to go in the gearbox today and see what's inside.

Yesterday I replaced the Tamiya connector with deans but I wasn't aware that there were more in the receiver. I will replace those with deans tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

After a long frustrating 20 minutes, I finally got the gearbox out of the receiver. Definitely going to regrease everything. The piston is all plastic except for one tooth right before the PH, will replace with an SHS 15t piston. Compression is non-existent, will also have to fix that.
    [​IMG]

That's all I had to time to do today. I will order a new piston, shims, and possibly a new nozzle. Does anyone know what ratio the stock gears are? If they are 18:1's I have a set of Lonex 16:1's I may put in.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  4. Peeque

Lancaster
    The SHS 15t piston was out of stock everywhere. I'll keep the stock piston for now. I ordered an SHS Scar air nozzle and SuperLube. The SHS shims were out of stock too but I should have enough left to reshim. I'll swap the gears with the Lonex ones I have laying around. That's all I'll do until something needs replaced.

The air seal on the cylinder is REALLY bad. I have a feeling fixing all the leaks may put me over the FPS limit. I'm currently getting 330, limit is 360. I may have to get a weaker spring or cut a coil off.

5. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    I'd advise looking into the Cyma FMR piston instead. No QC issues, slightly more durable, polymer piston head instead of aluminium.

6. EVE_Bishop

EVE_Bishop Active Member

Fort Lauderdale
    I have a G&G Combat machine, I'm about to try upgrading the motor and gears...

7. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations, but unless you have a question or tips for the OP, please keep it to your own thread and don't hijack someone else's teching thread.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  8. Peeque

Lancaster
    Are the pictures working for you guys? They're not for me.

Out of stock on BrillArmory too. Evike has it though, I'll get it there.

9. Peeque

Lancaster
    I cleaned out the gearbox yesterday and let it dry overnight. Reshimmed this morning, AOE seems ok. I kept the stock gears in instead of using the Lonex ones that I have. The cylinder head seems to be the cause of the really bad compression. It doesn't have any O-Rings and even after regreasing it, it is still pretty bad. It's not as bad now, but still bad. I'll have to get a new cylinder head, although I think I have a spare one. I'll look for that before I buy anything.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  10. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Welp, now I've heard everything.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  11. Peeque

Lancaster
    Haha. I was hoping the stock cylinder head wouldn't need replaced but I wasn't that fortunate.

12. Peeque

Lancaster
    Ok so now I have time to finish whatever I was doing with the Scar. I did find the spare cylinder head I mentioned but the nozzle on it is ~3-4mm shorter than the stock one. Is it still useable or do I have to buy a new one? There are a few V.2 CH's on Evike that say they are compatible with the Scar but the nozzle doesn't look any longer than my other CH. I know the Air Nozzle has to be longer than a regular V.2 nozzle, is it the same for the CH or will any V.2 CH be ok? Danke!

13. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    You should be able to add in images with the "Upload a file" button below the reply box on the webiste. In the app just tap the picture icon and select an image from the ones saved on your phone.

When you mention the nozzle on the cylinder head you are talking about the one attached to the CH and not the one used to feed, correct? If so a couple MM shouldn't be that much of an issue, at the very least it would be worth it to install and run a functions test with a mag or two.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  14. Peeque

Lancaster
    Thank you! I will try that tomorrow.

Yes I am. I will also try this tomorrow.

Also my CM16 sounds very high pitched when it shoots compared to my other guns that I haven't done anything to. I'll upload a video of it tomorrow too. Nothing seems to be wrong with it it's just high pitched when it shoots and I'd like to fix that if I can.

15. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Being it's a CM there is a chance the brass bushings are going out. See what you can do to adjust the shimming but you may need a new set of bearings to fix the issue.
    My CM16 lasted about 20K cycles before the bushings were totally worn out.

16. Peeque

Lancaster
    I'm using a Lonex GB shell in it. I don't remember if it came with new bushings/bearings. I'm at work right now, I'll check when I get home.

17. Peeque

Lancaster
    I got the gearbox back together for the Scar. The stock clyinder was slightly wider than the other CH so it would just fall right through it. I found a spare cylinder and used that. There is still a leak but it's a lot better than before. I'm assuming the rest of the leak is from the piston/head. That's about all I did with the Scar today, still need to get the rest of the gun together.

The Lonex GB shell in my CM16 did come with bearings so maybe that's not what's causing the high pitched sound? I don't think I did the bevel-pinion method when shimming it last. Once I finish the Scar I will re-do it.

18. Peeque

Lancaster
    I got the gearbox back into the receiver. Test fired it like that to make sure it still works, it did. Put the rest of the gun together. The screw that connects the two halves of the stock together wasn't going in so I tried taking the battery out to see if it was a wire blocking something. Some how doing that broke the fuse box thing (I'm assuming) cause now it won't shoot, doesn't make any noise at all. The fuse box is in the back of the front half of the stock and the wires aren't long enough for it to come out so I don't know how to get to it without cutting the wires. I still have to switch the other set of Tamiya's to Dean's so I'll fix the fuse when I do that. Ugh I'm sticking to M4's. Anyone want a CA Scar-L?

hawkchief and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  19. GSDZ19

GSDZ19 Member

How much??

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  20. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    I'd ask the same but I just got my WE working...