Pellet/BB gun thread.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by slipknot2302, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Since I noticed no active threads on this topic, I created one. Just bought a daisy red Ryder. Love it. Any ideas on how to make it more accurate? Also, feel free to post anything about airguns in general. Mods, if they're is a thread on this already, please close this thread. Thanks.

2. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    steel bb guns arent very accurate. especially low end ones like the red ryder. that said, a $100+ pellet gun is much more accurate, i used a crosman g1 extreme and had a .25in three shot grouping @ 75 feet.

3. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    I beg to differ, I had a Daisy Model 1812, essentially a Red Ryder, but looks a bit different, similar internals. I could set in my backyard and drop apples out of the tree 50 feet away by hitting the stems.

It's not the gun, its the shooter. I have a CO2 sniper rifle that was deadly accurate, unfortunately, I removed the scope and have never reattached it so I could resight it to the gun. it was built from a Crosman Model 1077, I found a bipod at a gun show (had to modify the mount to get it to fit), and switched the stock from a Crosman A*I*R 17. I also added the flash suppressor from the A*I*R 17 and a sling. Two hundred feet was nothing for this bad girl.

4. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I have a Daisy model 880 powerline, my first one. Fairly accurate, could be much better. Shoots 750 FPS.
    Also a Crosman break barrel Phantom with scope. Not very accurate, but I can hit my target. Shoots around maybe 1000 FPS.

I would like to sell both and get a semi-high powered competition shooter. I don't hunt what so ever, but I would like to be able to take down small game. Not sure what gun I should get though.

5. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

My Daisy Powerline was great. Very accurate, and very good range. I just don't get that with the Red Ryder.

6. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    My uncle has a red Ryder, uses it for plinking in the back yard. Neat rifle.
    What is a very nice competition rifle?

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I have a gamo whisperer. That thing is deadly at +300 feet.

8. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  9. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    There already is a thread on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.