PEQ box

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by jon_wallace95, Nov 24, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Was wondering if you guys could help me out, I am looking at PEW battery boxes but I'm not sure which one to get because I am uncertain if it will fit my battery, I am using a 9.6v rc car battery, it's red and about 2batteries tall and 4 wide. Can you guys please help me out here? I've been making it work with tape or rubber bands but that limits my rail usage.

2. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Could you post a picture of the battery? We'd be glad to help.

3. jon_wallace95

It's the red one that I need it for, the grey one is the standard hand guard one, and the mag is for size comparison

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  4. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    This should work

http://www.ebairsoft.com/anpeq15-dummy-battery-case-p-5965.html

Here's a battery similar to yours being used in the same box.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/anpeq15-battery-case-laser-111v-lipo-battery-p-6015.html

Just as a disclaimer though, none of these boxes have measurements on them, so there is no TRUE way to know if they'll fit. But im 95% sure your RC car battery will be fine. Worst comes to worst just velcro the battery into the PEQ and leave the back open.

EDIT: Here's a link to some more so you can look a little yourself

http://www.ebairsoft.com/airsoft-parts-battery-c-68_36.html

5. jon_wallace95

Alright thanks, I'll take a look at them.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That pack will not fit in any PEQ15. The pack is significantly bigger. It may fit in a PEQ2 box, but it looks like it would be too wide. It's more expensive, but it would save you a headache if you just bought a battery that would fit in your PEQ of choice. You'll need a lipo to fit in a PEQ 15, and there are a number of NiMH packs that fit in a PEQ2.

7. jon_wallace95

So no peq 15 will work?

8. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    No PEQ15 will work with that battery. The box is too small to fit any usable NiMh or NiCd battery. You will have to use a lipo if you want a PEQ15. That, or you'll have to figure out a different battery solution. I would wire the gun to the rear and run a crane stock or buffer tube lipo. It'll make your external modification options much more flexible and give you better battery options.

9. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I guess I stand corrected. From my computer screen it looked like it might fit, but then again I had no dimensions to go off of.

10. CallsignPyro

CallsignPyro New Member

How do you wire a gun to the back?

11. Edonkulation

Edonkulation New Member

Vinton
    Buy a new Wire harness or one that has been salvaged for a rear wired gun.

Assuming that you have a standard V2 GB in an AR style platform all you would need to do is open it up and swap out the wiring to go out the rear of the gearbox and out the back of the gun. Note that if you're running a crane stock, you will need a wiring harness with extra long battery wires so that you not only clear the area that the buffer tube runs into but also the buffer tube itself. Or one that is Long enough to clear the set "clamp" that the screw goes through to connect the buffer tube to the rest of the body of the rifle and then attatch an extention of some sort.

Please Please correct me if I'm wrong.

12. bcao

bcao New Member

Fremont
    Looks like a PEQ2 would work with your battery.