peq help. what does it really do

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by stalker99, Aug 23, 2012.

1. stalker99

stalker99 New Member

I need to know if the pew is worth the money to buy. And what does it do.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    A PEQ? It does one of three things. Some are made to hold a battery. So if you can't put a battery anywhere else in your gun, you can put one in a PEQ. Some are made to somewhat mimic the function of a real PEQ unit, so they have a light, a laser, or both. A real PEQ is a complex and sophisticated visible and IR aiming device. Airsoft versions usually have a laser and/or a flash light. The third thing they can do is look pretty and nothing else. I have a non-functioning PEQ on my M4 because it was dirt cheap and makes my gun look more like what's issued to US soldiers in Afghanistan.

3. stalker99

stalker99 New Member

O ok do u know how much they will cost for the one like urs

4. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Search em' up on eBay. 50 for light and laser but no battery compartment, the cool looks and the battery compartment is about 13

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I tend to buy stuff like this used. I got one for like, $10 and the other for free from a friend. If you search the classified sections they come up a lot. If you buy new and you just want one entirely for looks, buy a battery box that doesn't include the battery. It's just a plastic shell, so it's the cheapest way to get one.

For example:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/navy-seal-peq15-dummy-p-5821.html
    $14 shipped.

6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
  7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    A) Black isn't issued. Every PEQ 15 sent out is FDE.

B) A real PEQ 15 doesn't have a flash light, so you absolutely would mount an M3x or similar torch along with a PEQ 15. Just ask this gentleman:

[​IMG]

8. stalker99

stalker99 New Member

Ok since I'm new to all this is the acog Scopes good on a M4 or is there a better one

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    The question you are asking is personal prefrance. Some people like Acogs while others like EoTech or aimpoints or an actual scope. Basically go for whatever YOU like the best.

As far as the PEQ box goes Knief hit the nail on the head.

10. stalker99

stalker99 New Member

Thanks guys . I really like acog

11. stalker99

stalker99 New Member

Hey does any one know the cheapest price for a peq with laser and light with a pressure pad system

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
  13. stalker99

stalker99 New Member

Ok thanks I'll check it out

14. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  15. stalker99

stalker99 New Member

On Amazon there's one on there for like 47 bucks red dot and led light with pressure pad. I think it's a nice deal