Perils of Poorly Made Plate Carriers.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Scout_Master, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    I know that I had read an thread commented on by either Grinn or Knief about poorly made PCs from various companies, most namely Condor and Matrix. The 3 that really stuck out to me was lack of usability due to poor molle stitching, durability issues and most concerning was the fact that they could do permanent damage to you due to poor construction. If some one could verify what I thought I read that would be most appreciated.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That was me, all true. The last one is a more extreme case, but backed up by a number of Marines' experience with the MTV. A poorly designed carrier doesn't distribute weight properly. The more weight you add to a poorly designed carrier, the more weight gets placed on areas of your body that shouldn't be carrying weight. A number of Marines suffered permanent nerve damage as a result of the MTV, and while I haven't heard of the same happening in airsoft, it's a very real possibility. The more likely result of that poor design, however, is that you'll feel like what you're wearing is heavier than it is, which will slow you down in game, and you'll be really sore the next day.

Matrix stuff has all of the same problems of Condor/OETech/VooDoo Tactical, but on top of that, it's intentionally deceptive. They design it in such a way that it looks modular, but it isn't. The pouches are all sewn in place and much of the pals webbing that is visible is either decorative, or located in such a way as to be useless. They also use names like "CIRAS" on vests that are in no way related to the real CIRAS to get players who don't know any better to buy it, thinking they're getting a highly regarded design. Matrix is the worst, in that slimy, sleazy, used car salesman kind of way. At least Condor just makes crappy products.

3. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Thanks for answering that, something like this should probably find its way into articles or on the sticky section of this board as many players seem to come here after looking at Evike and Airsoft GI. It may head off many of the "So I found this super cool super cheap matrix vest, what pouches should I put on it?" questions.