Pictures, classifieds, and you

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Sharp, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Guide: How to not Suck at Classified Pictures

Alright, due to my growing irritation of people not being able to post pictures in Classifieds for some reason, I've assembled a step by step guide (as well as some tips) for proper pictures and making your ad presentable.

UPLOADING IMAGES
    ----------------------
    Step 1:

Create a Classified, pretty self explanitory, not going to go through this, once you've entered a full, descriptive, and read-able description of your item, scroll to the bottom.
    ----------------------
    Step 2:

[​IMG]
    ----------------------
    Step 3:

[​IMG]
    ----------------------
    Step 4:

[​IMG]
    ----------------------
    Step 5:

[​IMG]
    ----------------------
    Step 6:

[​IMG]
    ----------------------
    Step 7:

[IMGhttp://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/sniperfifer/Society%20Guide%20Pics/picture6.png[/IMG]
    ----------------------
    Your pictures will now be situated as attachments

[​IMG]

-----------------------

But what if Iwant to have some pictures actually within my thread?
    YOU HAVE TO USE HTML! NO TAGS!!!!! This is easily done by using Photobucket.
    [/SIZE]

Step 1:

[IMG]http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/sniperfifer/picture8-1.png

----------------------

Step 2:

[​IMG]
    ----------------------

Step 3:

[​IMG]----------------------

TIPS:

1. Use a decent camera, please no phone/webcam shots unless it has a decent camera (my HTC has a 5 MP one which I deem decent enough). Even if it looks decent on your phone's screen, upload it to your computer and give it a second look before you upload.

2. Use good lighting, natural light is your friend, a dark room with the windows shut at 11 PM isn't helpful, nobody can see the bloody thing.

3. Use scenery that won't detract from the image, having your gun sitting next to your ashtray full of butts won't help you sell, again going outdoors and using natural light is great for this.

4.We want to be able to fully see your item for sale with enough detail to see any damage. If damage isn't pictured, then take another (closer) picture to show whatever that needs to have specific detail.

5. Let your auto-focus adjust before taking a picture, make sure your camera is balanced and not moving during the shot, blurry=bad.

I do want input on this thread. I think it's imperative for my well being that people start posting pictures in the classifieds, please tell me any changes I should make to this thread to better help.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Great thread. This should be stickied.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I only hope people will read this.

4. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Great guide, definetly deserves a sticky.

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    One thing to add, don't leave a comment saying "PM me" if YOU are interested then YOU send the PM.

6. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I wa mostly focusing on pictures related tips in this thread. Though I would agree, PM me and text me are super obnoxious.

7. franpier

franpier New Member

Rock River
    I like it. Very helpful and informative. Thanks!

8. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    It would be more helpful if all the pictures were showing, some of them are not. Step 3 and 7 are missing in the first part and all three steps in the second part. Just letting you know, OP.

9. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    To be fair it was posted 2 years ago, it's easy to accidentally delete something after 2 years.

10. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Well, maybe that would explain it, I just now saw this and was curious, but now that I know, my apologies.

11. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Yes, I apologize I stopped using Photobucket ages ago and so that's why images are going away. Not to mention this post was made briefly after Society had switched from using the classifieds within the forum to it's own thing. Now it's back under the forum so pretty much this entire post is irrelevant. I'd be happy to make an updated version if people wanted it.

12. Twistedc

Twistedc New Member

Fairfield
    No apologies needed, at least your looking at old posts for info