Pistol help

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Expendable, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    I know there's many threads about this but I couldn't find any about the guns I am looking at... I just want some input from someone who has owned\shot one. I don't have my heart set on these particular guns but these are what I like the most so far. My favorite style is the 1911 MEU style but I like M9s as well. Price range is around ~225. Sorry in advance for "this" thread again.

This- http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-m-e-u-airsoft-gbb-pistol-m1911.html
    How's the gas efficiency?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ksc-m9-hardkick-full-metal-gbb-pistol-system7.html
    Overall performance?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kwa-m1911-mki-gbb-pistol.html Overall?

Just to throw something else- http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-fn-five-seven-gbb-pistol.html

I'm open to suggestions. I do know TM makes plastic bodies. Thank you in advance.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I have the TM MEU and the KSC M9 and they're both fantastic guns. It's hard to pick a decided favorite between the two, both are the best available of that particular model (that is, the TM is th best 1911 on the market, the KSC is the best M9 on the market). The only real decided advantage the TM has is aftermarket support. You can upgrade and replace everything on the gun with easy. Finding KSC is a lot harder. If you evetually want to put a lot of work into the gun, go with the TM for sure. Otherwise, buy whichever model you like best.

I'll let Lil Shady give you the low down on the Five seveN. It's also a great gun.

3. Expendable

Dallas
    I'm definitely putting new parts in no matter what. How is the gas efficiency on the MEU?

4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It's typical. TMs, KSC, and WAs all have pretty stellar gas efficiency. So much so that it's not really a concern. It's largely the cheaper brands like WE and HFC that suffer from poor gas consumption as a result of poor design.

5. Expendable

Dallas
    Thank Knief. I was asking because eHobby Asia said it wouldn't quite finish an entire mag on one fill. Thanks once again.

6. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I'll fill you in on the 5-7 when I'm not driving, gimme half an hour

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That's definitely not the case, you'll be fine.

8. Lil_Shady

9. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

I don't know about WE, but my HFC M9 gets two mags per fill, with some left over.

10. Expendable

Dallas
    Thanks alot Shady. DadCRO, I have a WE 3.8 and even though the overall quality is crap, it gets almost a mag and a half.

11. Expendable

Dallas
    Bump... Hey, Shady. How hard to find are the 5-7 mags? Where should I look? What MOLLE mag pouches fit it? Anybody, what type of mags would I need for the MEU? Regular TM 1911 mags?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  12. Lil_Shady

I've seen mags in stock at Evike for $50 and WGCshop for $35. Not sure what size MOLLE pouches to use, the mags are rather hefty.

13. Expendable

Dallas
    Aight. Are the mags close to Desert Eagle size?

14. Lil_Shady

Yeah about. I can put up a picture of one next to a 1911 magazine of you'd like.

15. Expendable

Dallas
    You know, that would be great.

16. Lil_Shady

Here ya go. Left to right its a hicapa mag, 5-7 mag, single stack 1911 mag.

Attached Files:

17. Expendable

Dallas
    Hey. Shady. Do ya think Glock 21 pouches would work? What do you use?

18. Lil_Shady

I don't have any spare mags, so no need for spare mag pouches, but when I do get some I'll be getting kydex holsters made to sit on my belt rig.

19. Expendable

Dallas
    Hey man thanks for everything. Looks like I'm probably getting the Five- seveN. Does yours have a threaded barrel?

20. Lil_Shady

Nope, and I'm glad it doesn't honestly. I don't use barrel extensions on pistols, and bare threads just look fugly.