Pistol problem

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Ninja28, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    Have a KJW 1911 HI-CAPA and it doesn't lock back when I run out of bbs. Anybody know what's wrong?

2. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    worn slide catch, weak follower spring, bad follower-catch lever contact...

assuming nothing else is wrong with your gun (ie. slide travel issues, broken follower or catch lever/lock)

quick fix: stretch your follower spring in your magazine.

3. CQB

CQB New Member

Have you lubricated it? Me and my brother have both had this problem. It was fixed once we lubricated it.

4. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

Could be low on gas... Just a thought.

5. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    No it's not low on gas

6. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

Your propane bottle or green gas can i meant. Also check the bb follower in the mag... Could be worn but i think that was already mentioned.

How many mags do you have? If more than one is it happening with all the mags?

Are you using green gas or propane? Do you have a fresh new can of either?

7. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    I have two mags and I just bought new propane

8. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

Same problem with both mags and fresh propane bottle? If so a good cleaning and greasing should help as reccomended earlier.

Also if you can take a picture of the slide, recoil spring, and the slide lock by themselves we can try and determine if its either of those.

I worked on a gbb pistol recently where the recoil spring was slightly mangled. But enough to where the slide would not rack back all the way to catch to slide lock.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  9. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

And with what miken said, dont use too much lube, and clean it until theres no more crud coming off of it

10. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    I highly doubt it has anything to do with lubrication. look @ post 2

11. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Adas is probably right

12. 3Len

3Len New Member

Paris
    The origin of this issue is often not mechanical .So leave the springs,catches,& notch alone.
    Strip the slide.Turn it upside down.Pull and hold the nozzle forward.See that rubber seal at the back of the nozzle?Lube it copiously with silicone oil.
    Depending on how bad a shape it's in,it can take from 5mn to 24hrs to recover its elasticity.(if at all).
    The use of unlubrified propane or Green Gas affects its elastic properties and when it overhardens under the temperature drop,the seal against the cylinder walls fails.This causes gas to leak,and the slide won't move as far back.
    This throws the timing of the cycle off,and the notch on the slide will miss the slide catch on its way up.
    Simple really.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012