Pistol Slings

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by USPxMASTERx, Aug 8, 2012.

1. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

I was wondering if its worth getting a pistol sling

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    It is good to secure your gun against loosing it if it happens to fall out of the holster.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    FYI, they're called lanyards. I've never bothered with them because I use holsters that secure my guns well. If you're concerned about dropping your pistol, a lanyard isn't a bad idea, but I'd always recommend getting a better holster first.

4. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

I have a blackhawk holster Knief, and Ik just some people call them lanyards and others call them pistol slings, so I didnt know what to call them

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Who calls it a pistol sling? If it's just some airsofters you play with, you should stop listening to their terminology.

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    It is a retention lanyard. Not a sling.

7. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Yeah i get that now, I was just confused sorry

8. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    I've only really seen one person ever loose a pistol, and that was due to a cruddy holster. If you're running a semi respectable holster like a serpa you shouldn't worry about losing it. You're more likely to lose a magazine.

9. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    So now we know not to argue with knief about retention lanyards, eotech replicas(not holographic sights and camo. Also I prefer the bungee ones that are made by condor.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  10. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You got that wrong, mate. You are not to argue with Knief while you are wrong. If somebody gives you good information, get over your ego and thank him.

11. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    That is a much better way to put it and I don't think I've ever seen someone argue with knief while they are right. What I did was list a few threads where knief just corrected someone until they were probably ready to cry. It was supposed to be a joke but I guess it wasn't funny.

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    If it's any consolation, I thought it was funny.

As a rule, I try not to say anything that I can't back up either with personal experience, evidence that I know I can find, or simple science. I also spent all four years of undergrad learning logic and argumentation (though let's be honest, I was a high ranking amateur before I turned pro). I love being wrong because it means I get to learn something. But I do my damnedest to be right as much as possible when I'm giving advice. I don't want anybody to waste money on something or buy a bad product because I didn't know what I was talking about. That's why I don't give anything but the most basic AEG tech advice. I know a little bit about a little bit, but there are plenty of guys here who are far better versed than myself. If everybody on AS only responded to questions in their areas of expertise and learned from those who know more in on other subjects instead of argue with them over their bruised pride, the quality of information here would sky rocket. Instead, I have to spend half my time arguing about the difference between a clip and a mag or explaining that "holo sight" is a stupid airsoft-ism.

13. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    ^^^^^ this is the one time it would be good to bring a Knief to a gun fight! LOL

14. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    ^
    You definitely won in terms of funniness.