Pistol vs kwa mp7/mp9

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Wallstreet, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    Hey guys I want to use a really small gun for a primary in airsoft for field and backyard use. I like the idea of using a kwa mp7 or mp9 but I was wondering if there are any airsoft pistols that are out there that can compete with the range, accuracy, efficency of these guns. I would want the pistol to be close to accuracy range and would want the magazine to hold near the 30 and above area due to I want to use it as a primary. Also if what I want to accomplish with a pistol is not reasonable don't be afraid to say so by just saying the mp9 and mp7 are better choices. Thanks for the help!

2. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I know I've said this many times before, but a TM pistol will completely outrage any NS2 KWA gun in gas efficiency, range, accuracy, and aftermarket support. My recommendations for a target shooting pistol from Tokyo Marui would be either a (can't say the name) 17 or Hi-Capa 5.1. Both of them can have extended magazines up to about 50 rounds and their stock magazines hold just under 30. If blowback isn't super important to you, the MK.23 is also a great choice. Although it only holds 28 rounds, it's gas efficiency is the best I've ever seen at 175 rounds per gas fill. Of course, it also still has the range and accuracy that we've all come to expect from Tokyo Marui. Tokyo Marui pistols also cost less than most KWA pistols.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015

3. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Let's also not forget the TM 5-7. Mag holds 26+1, and is by far the most accurate pistol I've ever used.

4. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    So your saying a tm hi-capa 5.1 and im Guessing glock 17 will outperform the mp9 and mp7 in range, efficency, accuracy and size also can these guns be used as a primary in field use? Also how far can these guns effectively shoot out of the box in feet and can they use propane? Also I don't care if the gun is blowback or not I'm looking for pure performance mainly I want a gun that has a really nice trigger and can rip on semi. Thanks for answering my questions.

5. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I second that. It's also the single most reliable gun that I own.

6. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I use propane in my TM pistols all the time. They cycle faster due to the plastic slide. They can definitely rip on semi auto. I never said anything about size, but if you need a stock, you can still get a caa roni carbine conversion kit for the pistol that I can't name.

As far as range goes, I have no idea of specifics, but I can confirm that they out range a KWA.

7. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    So if you could can you post like the pistol you recomend name and why and say some pros and cons because you have listed like 4 different pistols and I'm not a pistol guy so I'm kinda confused and can you rank them from your favorite to least favorite. Thanks again

8. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I'll rank the pistols based on how I think they'll fit your purpose.

1. Cannot be named:
    Reason: Large magazines and carbine kit available
    Pros: Can be converted into a total primary weapon
    Cons: Unavailable in the United States, will need to be purchased overseas, requires separate purchases to be a primary weapon

2. MK.23:
    Reason: Designed to be a pistol for use as a primary weapon
    Pros: Includes silencer, case, and flashlight; Highest know gas efficiency (175 shots per fill); makes little noise (stealth); reliable
    Cons: Non blowback (not preferred by some users), little aftermarket support (not much is needed anyway)

3. Hi-Capa 5.1
    Reason: High capacity magazines and wide aftermarket support
    Pros: Possibly widest aftermarket support
    Cons: Not modeled after a real gun (unrealistic look not preferred by some users)

9. Shady

Okay, so to use as a primary the TM Hicapa would likely be my first choice. You can get 50rnd magazines for it, it's insanely accurate and reliable out of the box. There are also literal tons of upgrades available for it.

Second, would be the TM 5-7. Best pistol I've ever owned, accurate to almost 200ft. Cons on this one are size, and lack of upgrades (I'm a pistol tech, upgrades are important to me).

Third, TM G17. I'm just not a Glock guy personally. There are a lot of upgrades available for this one, and it's also very reliable and accurate out of the box. It's a TM thing.

Finally, the TM Mk23. Quiet, efficient, and accurate. They can be hard to find and the trigger pull is long, since it's non-blow back. This will not be able to put rounds out as fast as the other options.

Noah, you're allowed to say Glock. And they can be found in the US if you know where to look. Also, TM hicapas are technically based off a real gun, the base model of an STI Race Gun.

10. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    Okay thanks for the Tm Hi capa is there a way to make it automatic and also do you think this gun can effectively hit a target at like 150 -175 feet. I was thinking about getting this.

http://tinyurl.com/qghl5tv

And can I get your opinion on the tm extreme 45.

11. Shady

A fully automatic pistol is a waste of gas and ammo. Stick with semi. More accurate and much more gas efficient.

12. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I'm sure I'm allowed to, but after getting that cease and desist letter from their law firm, I don't want to take too many chances.

13. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    So Noah I talking abou the tokyo marui glock 17? As his number one.

14. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    I normally only play semi I kinda just wanted the option but you didn't answer my question on the part with do you think the hi capa 5.1 can easily hit targets at 175 feet out of the box?

15. Shady

Yes, it can easily pull that kind of accuracy.

16. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    Okay so if I'm gonna get a pistol I can get this one and use green gas. But I have one last question what would be better this or tm mp7

17. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    It will work with green gas. The Tokyo Marui Mp7 is probably better than a handgun for use as a primary, but much less cheap.

18. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    Okay thanks for the help if you have any other guns you wanna suggest to my go ahead.