Pistols Only Loadout.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Scarred, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

Hello, everybody. I'm thinking about becoming a member of the POR ( Pistols Only Revolution) and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas of a good pistols only loadout. I'm looking at you, Remoon101 ;)

2. crossmanownsjk

crossmanownsjk New Member

Houston
    You need two glock 18's with 49rnd mags. Holstered on your vest to reach across with each arm. After that you need a usp, 1911, or m9. And a revolver to end it.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Your best bet is going to be a battle belt and suspenders. If the only mags you're carrying are pistol mags a battle belt with two rows of webbing will carry more pistol mags than you can afford. Run a couple of kydex drop leg platforms, I like BHI SERPAs, but my Safariland 6004 is also very nice) for your pistols of choice. Keep a dump pouch to drop your spent mags and carry a dead rag or whatever else you might need. If you're playing longer games, get a canteen and canteen pouch.

4. 703

703 Active Member

+1 to knief. I was just about to sugest a battle belt loadout as well. As far as longer games you could also go with a hydration carrier instead of the canteen.

5. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

I should have been more specific. I would prefer to use a plate carrier.

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Why? The point of a pistol only loadout is to make up for being outgunned by everybody else on the field. You need to be fast and maneuverable so you can put yourself in a position where firepower matters less. The more weight you carry, the harder that is to do. A PC is always going to be heavier and more restrictive than a battle belt, and hinder your maneuverability.

If you're set on a PC, get something like a JPC.

7. Sophomore

Sophomore Member

East Bay Area
    +1

It's also much easier reloading if your mags are on a belt.

8. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

Well I already have a plate carrier, and I'd kind of like to reuse it.

9. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
  10. 703

703 Active Member

In this case just buy a bunch of pistol mag pouches... Problem solved.
    I still think the battle belt would be a better option.

11. Knief

Ann Arbor
    If you already have the PC that you want to use, what do you want our help with?

12. cqbguy117

cqbguy117 New Member

salem
    gun nut airsoft gi has a chest rig thats $18 and its just for cqb it also depends on the gun you want to run if its a g 18 put some smg pouches and get hicaps on a rigger belt run a drop leg and on the other side a dump pouch and a knife for melee its all about high speed low drag a pc is gonna be to heavy look at the oe tech chest rig on asgi like i said its $18

13. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

I ran pistol only for a little bit. A plate carrier makes it a little more difficult. The mag pouches don't sit in comfortable area for reloads. On a belt though, it was a lot easier.

I used a regular heavy bdu belt. Hip holster at 5oclock, 5 mag pouches (2 doubles, 1 single) at 10-11, and a dump pouch at 12 to cover my junk. And hold spent mags and such

14. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    CQBGuy, not only is "OETech" (Condor) a bad company, but it's honestly a waste of $18. That you would so quickly suggest it shows that you really don't know what you're talking about. I would suggest that you perhaps back off and go read through the countless threads in the gear section, and you'll soon see it.

15. cqbguy117

cqbguy117 New Member

salem
    grin im merly suggesting an option that would be a little more free motion than a combersome plate carrier im not suggesting he buy that i was letting him know the price so he can get an idea of what im talking about and see it

16. Knief

Ann Arbor
    There are plenty of other worthwhile chest rigs to suggest if you want to suggest a chest rig. That particular chest rig is terrible. And yes, by you suggesting it, you are suggesting that he buy it. That's what happens when somebody asks for gear suggestions and you post a link to something. Whether you say it explicitly or not, you're giving him a link to something he might buy that you're endorsing by the simple act of linking. That's a suggestion.

Also, please improve your grammar. It's a little unorthodox.

17. cqbguy117

cqbguy117 New Member

salem
    I didn't post a link. I was just making the point that a pc is not the best choice, a small chest rig or battle belt with drop leg sub-loads would be better.

18. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    What pistol are you going to be using? And as others said lighter is always better if you are going pistol only.

19. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Not another of these...