piston lock???? Help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jarhead88, Nov 10, 2012.

1. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    Ok, I haven't had this problem before.. I had to replace my trigger switch in my VFC SCAR and each time i put it back together it cycles once or twice then the piston is stuck all the way back. when i open the gear box it pops back.. i am guessing that the sector gear is not messing with the piston properly????? it is pissing me off as I have done it like 4 times (put it together.. take it apart)....

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Hmmm. Check the piston for warping/cracks or any imperfections.

Make sure the Tapplet plate is rubbing to much against the "new" trigger switch assembly. Depending on what brand you installed, you might have to cut/shave off some for it to fit and work properly.

And the normal, check if everything else is still in good condition. Normal diagnose.
    Check bushings for cracks, cracks in gears, gears in general, spring guide, etcz

3. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    thanks, will do... i will take it apart tonight.... AGAIN... very frustrating... all the gears, cylinder, piston..... all looked good, i will examine closer

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    did you do any upgrades before all this happened? did it sound like the gearbox was struggling when cycling? motor or wires heating up? what battery did you use? did you test the shimming. did you check if the piston moved easily back and forth without a load?

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    And... Yes I agree lol :)

6. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    no, no upgrades at all. the only reason i took it apart was it wasn't working and it was the trigger switch. replaced that and nothing else..... nothing.. all the same..

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Then something has to do with the trigger switch. Or one of your other parts

Screws tooooo tight. Or something lol.

Try match the size of the new trigger switch with the stock one

8. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    will do, i will try again tonight

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Alrights man :) keep us updated

I just ran into almost the same problem with a JG G36 tonight. The metal tooth on piston was warped. If you have a piston problem lol