1. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

Does anyone know a quality piston i need one that will last. I'm using a m110 spring. And i dont have a budget so i dont care how much it is. Thanks.

2. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Shs. Any of their pistons will do for that.

3. bobalini

bobalini New Member

Thousand Oaks
    Red lonex piston, shs is having problems with theirs currently.

4. airsoftplayer14

What kind of problems are they having with there pistons

5. airsoftplayer14

I just bought a bravo piston are they any good. It also has half metal teeth.

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Bravo is actually rebranding Lonex, so you have a Lonex piston, so that should hold up forever with an M110 spring.

7. airsoftplayer14

Thanks so much so happy that it will last forever now. Also how the heck do you take a cylinder head out. Thanks

8. Lefse

You just yank that sucker out of the cylinder.

9. airsoftplayer14

Ok cause mine is not budging what so ever lol. Ill try again.

10. airsoftplayer14

How much more fps will i gain if i get a double oring cylinder head, a air nozzle with internal oring, and a red mad bull hop up bucking? Thanks.

11. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Make sure you correct AoE on the piston.

12. airsoftplayer14

I know and all you do is just make it so the piston back tooth is hitting the first tooth of the gear that pulls the piston back right?

13. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

You make it so the pickup tooth of the sector gear aligns with the pickup tooth of the piston correctly.

14. airsoftplayer14

Ok and how my much fps will increae if i get a double oring cylinder head, a air nozzle with internal oring, and a red mad bull hop up bucking? Thanks

15. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

It's hard to say, honestly if you want to increase fps and keep it simple just buy a new spring (what fps do you want?). If you want to get more complicated you can improve your compression as well.

16. airsoftplayer14

I want at least 400fps but i dont want to increase the wear and tear on the gearbox. My fps right now is about 380.

17. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

If you shim the gears and correct AoE 400 fps should be no problem.

I must ask though, do you know you local fields fps limits? I only mention this because showing up to a game with your gun shooting too hot sucks (assuming you only have one).

18. airsoftplayer14

Yes it is is 450fps and also how do i know that i did i a good shim job because when i spin the gears nothing rubs and when i close the gearbox and flick the gears the gears spin really well and i can get at least 5 rotations without the anti reversal latch in. is this a good sign? also when the anti reversal latch is in i can get at least 2 full rotations when i flick them. Tell me if it is nice or not because its my first time shimming gears. I know which gear to start off shimming. So ya tell me if it is good or not. Thanks.

19. Lefse

If the gears have no more than .10mm of sideplay, then that is a very good shimming job. You can improve the airseal of your stock cylinder head by wrapping a layer of teflontape outside the o-ring before you put it into the cylinder. Teflontaping, or tightening the hop-up bucking with dental floss will also help. You can also sand down the front of the tappet plate slightly, a half mm is plenty, to make the nozzle press more fimrly against the bucking. An airseal nozzle will also improve airseal over most stock nozzles.

20. airsoftplayer14

Where can i find a good deal on gear and silicone grease it has to be free shipping and at a low price. Also the shipper has to be in the U.S. thanks.