PKM Barrel Attachment Ideas/Rethreading Ideas

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by OPairoft, Sep 27, 2021.

1. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    So I recently acquired a PKM from a friend. My friend chopped down the barrel for a stubby PKM. After playing a game with it and rooming clearing like a freak, I really want to add a Russian style muzzle break that’s big and girthy for the memes.

Unfortunately my friend chopped the barrel further then I probably would have to the point that I have about 2 ish mm’s of barrel before the gas block housing so I can’t make a new threading from a die set unless I want to butcher the gas block.

I am thinking about either somehow epoxying either a muzzle break/thread adapter/other threading to it or some kind of mix of epoxy/drilling a hole and using a set pin or two to brace the adapter or muzzle device. I am also thinking of using either a standard 14mm threading or a 24mm ak threading.

Ideally I would want a threading since I have three muzzle device ideas I want to use/switch out.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Currently the blyat monster has two box mags, one stock besides rewiring and the other with a BullGear 7000 round insert that’s partially rewired. Reshimmed and packed stock 8mm j cage bearings, slight aoe correction on the current stock damaged piston, silicon sealed cylinder head to cylinder, Matrix Turbo 3000 medium type motor that I cut down to be a short type, what looks like a krytac brass inner barrel, stock hop up/packing which surprisingly seals/hops decently but do have a BullGear on hand for either another barrel set up or if I want slightly better hop.

Right at 30 RPS with a 40% charged 11.1 at 380-390 fps with a .2 at 21-22 amps.

unit IMG_7799.jpg
    IMG_7803.jpg IMG_7802.jpg IMG_7801.jpg IMG_7804.jpg IMG_7600.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    IMG_20210927_150937[1].jpg Braze an insert into the outer barrel, then braze a 14mm thread adapter on to the insert.

I think you need the massive Inconel Hider in Burnt Colors.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021

3. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

If you don't want to bother brazing you could try threading inside the outer barrel for an adapter for a standard -14mm CCW outer barrel extension of your choice

FuLL-eFFekT1 likes this.
  4. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    Thanks for all the input, have been busy so I never got the chance to reply. But I got it done.

Was pretty scary since the last two drill bits I used to widen the hole I had to use a 1950ish giant one speed drill that has about a 15-25 lb trigger pull and once it starts, it just won’t stop it feels like.

After the hole was drilled out, did a solid Red Green moment and used a vise grip and a adjustable wrench to act as my “official” tap/die handle.

And it turned out pretty good... IMG_8069.jpg IMG_8068.jpg IMG_8066.jpg IMG_8067.jpg

Now I just need some dumby thiccc Russian flash hiders/45* off set zenitco grip clone which still need to source.

And of course the rail system which is currently in route from our local drug dealer/broker.

aotsukisho likes this.
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis