Plastic VS Metal

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Tnock4554, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Tnock4554

Tnock4554 New Member

Is a plastic Airsoft gun more likely to break than a metal one?

2. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Internals or externals?

3. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Either or, I think this is self explanatory. Take a sheet of metal and a sheet of plastic try breaking both over you knee. Most likely plastic is going to brake and metal wont. But if your worried about getting a gun just remember that metal, as high quality as it is needs more lubrication and silicon spray than plastics which hold lube and silicone longer therefore needing less.

4. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Not neccesarily.. In some cases where metal breaks (dropping it ect.) the polymer will flex and not break.

5. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    True. I didn't think of that.

6. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    I'd go for plastic, like devgru said plastic bends and will help it prevent from breaking, and also they're lighter!

7. TAPairsoftjericho

TAPairsoftjericho New Member

Garden Grove
    Whenever I build a gun it is usually plastic recivers because I like the weapon to be light and easy to manipulate...metal slows me down....my vote is for plastic

8. twp397

twp397 New Member

Friendswood
    Who thinks it'd be cool if Glock made AR receivers? If that was the case it'd go to plastic.

9. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    I like metal bodies better because I think they look more appealing and makes them more true to the real thing, not in all cases but most. Plastic can withstand a fall despite common belief. Although the gearbox in my opinion is best. Excluding some parts like the piston which should be polycarb.

10. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I don't think your gun will break as long as you don't smash it, but I will say I see more broken metal receivers than plastic ones.

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Im a fan of metal, I prefer the real weight. That and I dropped my M14 and the stock snapped in half (plastic) I've beet the crap out of my AGM scar (mostly metal) and have yet to break it (plastic stock broke though).

12. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    TM ABS plastic over WE crappy pot metal any day of the week. There is plastic and plastic. Just like there is metal and metal.