Plate carrier advice

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Scout_Master, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Am looking for a plate carrier that works with DAPS groin protection and a neck guard like the army's interceptor body armor system. Is there such a system for Airsoft or will I have to purchase the components separately? If so where can I find them as I have not been able to locate them on Airsoft gi or evike.

2. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Yes exactly. Honestly I was doing more research and I really like the. Ciras system. Does that system include shoulder neck and groin protection that can be purchased?

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Is there a reason you want the shoulder, neck, and groin protection? It's added weight with no added gain.

The short answer is that no, the CIRAS doesn't have that stuff available for it. The long answer is, if you want to put a lot of time and money tracking down EI parts, I do believe they exist. It's not worth it.

4. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    The reason is the rules of the Airsoft game I play. It is a scifi game where you get more "hits" the better your armor with armor like I described being the second best in the game. I realize this isn't exactly what this group is familiar with but any advice would be helpful.

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That TMC IOTV is going to be your best bet if you want something cheap. You could get the IOTV as well:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=924

Or if you want to look really sci-fi, there's always this monstrosity:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=674

There won't really be a ton out there, though. Gear is moving away from that kind of overly bulky protection and moving toward lighter weight and higher speed rigs. It turns out that, if you give a shooter a better advantage at being offensive, you don't need to worry quite so much about the defense. So if you drop the extra weight, keep the vital protection, and let the operator move, he has less of a need for all that bulk.

6. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    That is a tactic that applies to the modern battlefield as well. The armor rules for this game are as follows, just bdus and eye pro: 4 single hits, 2 bursts and any sustained fire kills them.
    Just a chest rig or tac vest gives: 7 single hits, 3 bursts and sustained kills. A tac vest helmet an elbow and knee pads give: 10 single shots, 4 bursts and sustained kills. The fourth set should like something from ghost recon future soldier and it offers: 13 single hits, 5 bursts and 7 seconds of sustained fire. The last tier should look like master chief armor or space marines from warhammer 40 k and it offers: 16 singe shots, 6 bursts, 8 seconds of sustained fire 2 surprise or sniper shots and 1 explosion before dying.

Any insight into a good strategy for this kind of play would be appreciated. Again I know most Airsoft games are 1 hit 1 kill and this is a little different but any insight would be Appreciated.