Plate Carrier Decisions

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by champo98, Sep 2, 2012.

1. champo98

champo98 New Member

So this weekend most retailers are having a labor day sale, so im looking at getting a plate carrier. On it i will need 4 doubble m4 mag pouches (i have a g36 so they need to be doubble thick) an admin pouch and maybe a dump pouch. I am thinking of the 2 i will post links to below. hoping to keep under $100 total, prefer black in color.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1459

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2695

these are on sale today and tomorow, so i would like to know which one you would get of these 2. which has a better quality, the price difference is minimal, so im not reall worried about that.
    thanks in advance

2. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Since they are on sale, and I know I cant persuade you to get Flyye or above, get the top one. Unless... you do chose something that will last you longer, and actually work for impressions. In which case, get Flyye.

3. mikenike

mikenike New Member

The 2nd one seems better.

But personally, i'd buy something else.

Those are just trash, they'll probably break easily.

If you've got $100 I can sell you my Flyye Maritime CIRAS :D It's in my Classifieds (missing shoulder pads)

You'd rather have that, that will last, over those cheap rebrands.

4. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    A few things:
    1) you will regret buying black. I did, and I never use it anymore, due to it not matching with any gear, or blending in at all.
    2) Those 2 you listed are not going to last more than a few playtimes. They are very, very shoddy. Try to find a FLYYE, or Pantac vest oversees (watch shipping though), or in the classifieds. Even a secondhand one will last a while.
    3) Good luck in your search. I am still struggling to decide between gear and mags or gun upgrades. :)

5. champo98

champo98 New Member

I know everybody says to get Flyee or pantech, but I'm on one if those really really tight budgets, I don't play more than 1 time a month usually, and I went with the same vest as the, top one I believe. The one with cummerbund. Because it had a package with the pouches, for $88 I know your going to say but the budget was $100 get something better. But thanks for the advice, I didn't see it in time.

6. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    For future reference, you could get a FLYYE setup for about $120. That is only $20 more than your limit.

7. champo98

champo98 New Member

Ok. Thanks, anything, even a cross draw is better than what I have now. The AK mag rig. For like $20 it is cheap, with no protection. I play CQB so the black isn't a big deal for me, and my team colors are black and blue.

8. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Next time, wait a little bit before jumping onto a "deal". Anyways, you are right that even a Condor MOPC is better than a crossdraw. You are wrong, though, about colour not mattering in CQB. Even in CQB if your camouflage helps you match with the background and not stand out like black or navy blue, it will cause the opposition's eyes and brain to take longer to register your presence and give you a second or two more before they properly react, and then it's already been four or five seconds and you've probably already shot them.

9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    And in the long run, you'll want a camouflage type of pattern. Black will never work, and its not even necessary for night ops.

10. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    $100 budget? If your not counting shipping, you can get a FLYYE RRV, all the pouches you'll need, for under or around $100, with some somewhat expensive shipping from www.shootercbgear.com

There are also lots of FLYYE chest rigs that are around $50 with all of the pouches already there, and that way even with shipping you'll be around $100.

11. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Second on the RRV. It's worth saving your money for.

12. champo98

champo98 New Member

I was going for a semi SWAT loadout, so like all black, but not the exact vest they use an the exact goggles or gun. I just like the black look right now. Eventually I might go to a FLYEE digi cam or a OD green vest. But all in good time.

13. champo98

champo98 New Member

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=4194
    I went with this. (I think it is a link to a mobile site, so it may not work)
    Also, It says there is room for ballistic plates, im not putting balistic ones in there, but ive seen some people do cardboard plates. Do you guys think that's a good idea? I currently see it as a waste, because I bend behind cover alot, and I just think they would break. Any thoughts on that would help.

14. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I think you're under the impression that SWAT uses black all the time. The truth couldn't be more wrong.

15. Grin

Irvine
    Champo, to put it in the words of Knief:
    Your idea of a "SWAT" loadout is greatly misguided. Really, if you wanted a SWAT loadout, you would have been better off with, say, navy blue. I can tell you right now that the IPD's (My local department) SWAT team uses olive drab BDU's and khaki plate carriers.

16. champo98

champo98 New Member

I'm really not trying to follow a specific loadout. It's what I like, is there a problem with just liking something? Not trying to be rude, but I really could care less about what they actualy use. I like it, is there an issue with that?

17. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    There's no problem in using what you like. There is a problem that pretending that what you like is what somebody uses when they don't.

18. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    For the ammount of play time you are using the vest for I think it will hold up just fine. Yes you could have got something much better for not much more money but that doesn't really matter since you already bought it.

As far as putting dummy plates in the vest it's really up to you. I put some in mine because it makes the vest more comfortable. Yours might be different.

like knief stated. Nothing wrong with liking something but when you go around telling people you are trying to look like swat and clearly you don't then there is an issue. Some people might not know what swat actually uses and will be like cool loadout, however the people that know what swat uses will just tear you apart...

Lastly if you are going for a certain impression you can't "semi" do it. Either you do it fully or you just don't

19. champo98

champo98 New Member

I said semi do it for lack of words. Im not really trying to be like the swat, I just like the look.
    I'm defiantly not going for an impression.

20. Grin

Irvine
    But you're not using the SWAT look...