Plate carrier that fits.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by FortSandy, Dec 22, 2012.

1. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

I'm 4'11, 85 pounds. I currently have a Condor MBSS, but am looking to upgrade. I would like to have gear that's more Mil-sim. Any help would be appreciated. I am open to buying from all sites , so fire away.

2. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    You should look into JPCs. It would be a good PC for your size and they are rather popular and Tacti-cool. I just got mine today.

3. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I just posted this in another thread, so I'll quote it for ya.

Of course, Flyye and Pantac were not already suggested to you personally. Those are our go-to sites and brands for good-quality repro gear around here. I'd suggest either:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=673
    or
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=4232

Now, you're fairly small (not fully grown, perhaps?) so you'll need to remember that all of this is based off of products made for physically fit, grown men. That's just the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

I would suggest the JPC, but I'm biased against it and don't feel that TMC warrants the money. On the other hand, it IS a small plate carrier. If it interested you, OP, here's a link to it:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_121_120&products_id=5281

4. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  5. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Don't get a banshee, they suck. Get a Multicam jpc if you have to get one. Have you looked at 6094 style PCs?

6. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

I thought 6094's were on the normal-sized person category.

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well, they're made to fit 230 lb seals sooo.

8. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

This. And why do banshees suck? Just for future references.

9. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    They are, but you can sintch them down pretty good. Now that I think of it, get the JPC.

Max, someone explained awhile ago why they suck. I forgot who and why though.:/

10. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

How do you adjust the girth on a JPC

11. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I'm 235lbs and my JPC fits me fine but it would work perfectly for someone with a smaller frame.

12. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Mike, can you elaborate for us?

13. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Please do, and is there sizes? Like S , M, L, XL. Because I'm not seeing sizes on shootercb, but on Crye precision there is.

14. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    You but the web cumber-bun where you need it then you take a cord and weave it into the molle on the PC to the cummerbund. Sorry if that does not make much sense. It's rather hard to explain in text.

Not TMCs is in one size. I believe it is a medium
    But I think that will be fine for you. I think it is more for the size of the SAPI Plate than anything.

15. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Makes sense. So, no Velcro?

16. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Yes there is also Velcro on the front of the cummerbund like a traditional PC.

17. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Hmm, might need to buy a JPC now.

18. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It's a very nice PC but I would suggest anding some padding to the "shoulder-pads" so make it more comfortable.

19. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I'm sorry, Mike, but this is really bugging me. It's spelled cummerbund, not cumber-bun.

20. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I'm sorry I'll go back and fix it. I hate my reading disability.. :/