Plate carrier time.

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by NerfHurrDurr, Aug 10, 2020.

1. NerfHurrDurr

NerfHurrDurr Member

Looking for a decently priced plate carrier, trying not to go too far over 100 bucks.

2. piperdown

piperdown Member

Chesapeake
    The AWS OCPC is a quality piece of gear at non-LBT prices. I think it's a good middle ground between Chinese junk and an LBT 6094.

3. RedRage88

RedRage88 New Member

West Monroe
    I too want a plate carrier. What is the AWS OCPC exactly?

4. piperdown

piperdown Member

Chesapeake
    AWS is the company. OCPC = Operators Choice Plate Carrier.

5. piperdown

piperdown Member

Chesapeake
    Well , belay my last on the inexpensive part. Just looked on their website and the OCPC went from $150 to $320. So much for that.

6. Bostitch

Bostitch Well-Known Member

Waldorf
    FWIW, The OCPC is every bit as good and high quality as the LBT. That beimg said, I am extremely surprised to see that price jump. I have a gen 1 that I got back before AWS was as big a they are and it was at their original price (around $160). OP may be able to find one second hand for a good price...so if you see one, don't waffle over it, jump on it...

other than that, for your price range I would go with TMC. They have really stepped up their quality and the gear is actually really good for repro stuff. Obviously I wouldn't put it at Crye, LBT, AWS, etc quality...but you're also not paying Crye, LBT, AWS, etc prices. I have a TMC CPC and am EXTREMELY pleased with it...to the point that it actually has real ceramic plates in it. Stitching is great, material is great, and even with 7lb plates in it I'm not seeing any real stress on the shoulder straps that any other carrier wouldn't have, or anything else that seems concerning.

7. RedRage88

RedRage88 New Member

West Monroe
  8. piperdown

piperdown Member

Chesapeake
    No problem. Good luck in the search.