Plate Carrier/ vest

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by BowSloth, Nov 30, 2012.

1. BowSloth

BowSloth New Member

I've been playing airsoft for about 2 years now and I've never really been interested in making a vest on my own, like buying a plate carrier and then adding pouches. I'd like to get the mil-sim look and I need advice on what plate carrier to get and what kind of pouches. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
    Before we can help you can you tell us what type of budget you have. Also try doing some of your own searching to find what you like. There are a lot of options nowadays. Once you find a couple you like just post them up and we will help you from there. Avoid brands like NcStar and Matrix. There really is no designated milsim look by the way.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012

3. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
  4. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
    The best stuff is going to be brands like Eagle Industries, LBT, Mayflower, etc. If you don't want to dish out the cash for it, you can take a step down to Flyye and Pantac which are still very good quality, but are not the real deal. The lowest I would recommend going is TMC which isn't bad, but isn't that good either.

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The_Eliminator,

Your second link goes to the RRV back panel, not a whole vest. You can't wear just that.

6. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    That "$50" PC/CR is actually $85+ with shopping involved. The only good one linked was the first one. But the problem was you linked him Atacs and typically when you link atacs and Multicam the price is more expensive then CB, Khaki, OD, and black.---Nevermind---

Knief, was just thinking about that. I linked the same thing in my thread.

7. BowSloth

BowSloth New Member

Thanks so much, I probably going to get the Flyye FAPC Gen2 since its not a ridiculous amount of money, I'm sorry but one more question khaki or coyote brown?

8. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Khaki all the way, especially for a milsim kit. I don't think anybody uses the FAPC in Coyote Brown.

9. BowSloth

BowSloth New Member

Ok thanks (20 characters)