Plate carriers for the taller and bigger guys under us

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by TheDutchman, Sep 28, 2015.

1. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    Hi there guys

I'm pretty tall guy, 6'3 and weight around 245lbs
    And i'm looking for a decent (My first) plate carrier.
    Now after searching the web for little bit, i came across those 2 plate carries.
    With one would you recommend and why?

1 http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=29970
    This one i like because, has 5 m4 pouches, put they can't be taking off or move around.
    And it has a wast band. so it doens't move around that much when running.

2 http://www.evike.com/products/37354
    This one has 3 m4 pouches, and come with a pistol pouch on left side.
    Same as other one, those pouches are not removable, or taking of.
    But this one, you can take hole front of, and put then any pouch on that you want, like 6 m4 pouches.

Both plate carrier, have a built in hydration carrier for water bladder
    And both cost the same.

Let me know your thoughts on these plate carrier.
    Or maybe you know better ones in this price range.
    Oh i'm only looking for OD green ones.

Quint

2. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Not a gear guy but I highly suggest not going with a pre built setup. Get the PC you want (and can afford). Brands to stay away from are lancer tactical, Condor, Emerson, TMC, etc. Then you can put on the pouches you want. I highly recommend HSGI taco pouches but whatever works for you, works for you.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    I'm at work and don't have time to give you a full run down right now (if any of the geardos can step in, that'd be awesome), but don't buy either of those PCs. They're pretty much the worst pieces of gear on the market. We'll get you pointed in the right direction.

4. BlackNightBravo

^^^ Listen to this guy. :p He's been here a long time and knows his stuff.

5. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    Ok what would you recommend then for a guy like me. My budget is around $70 for the hole set up. Looking for at least 3 double m4 pouches. Medic pouch. Radio pouch, I prefer one with hydration carrier build in, dump pouch( not sure on this one. Maybe in future will get belt that I can attach to pc that hold my dump pouch. And attachment so I can put my single sling onto it

6. Amish

Amish Member

I'd head over to AWS Inc and look at one of theirs. I've done loads of research before buying their ocpc and I love it. I'm not as tall as you but I do hit around 215 lbs and this carrier fits awesome. Better yet it doesn't look puny on my frame. You get made in the USA, mil spec and grade A quality. All this and very good prices too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    AWS is way over his budget, as with almost all real steel gear.

OP you should look at the large size MODI JPC. It has an integrated admin and kangaroo pouch, so you don't need to buy a complete pouch setup to be able to use it. They are around $50 on Shootercbgear.

8. BlackNightBravo

A large MODI JPC with a triple single stack mag pouch and maybe a radio pouch would put him at his budget. Honestly OP you're not gonna get all of that for less than $100 if you buy decent quality stuff.

9. Amish

Amish Member

True and I knew I was taking a chance but sometimes it's worth saving up a bit. There has been many times I wish I would have just been more patient and saved up another month or so.

Anyways it was just a thought. Carry on people.

10. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    And I agree with you. OP, I think you would be much happier saving up and getting something of quality, than half-arsing it and buying a cheap setup that will fall apart from a few months' use. $70 won't get you very far.

11. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    After reading all this and do some more research, you guys right.
    I gonna save up and double my budget, till like $120 a $140. So that i can get something off better quality.

Thanks guys.
    Thats why i love forums