players afraid to get dirty?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Dante, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    the field i've been frequenting, has a rather large percentage of swampy land.

fortunately i've got shipmates who squadded up with me, and are willing to get dirty, but when i was playing on my own it was almost impossible to find people willing to take a short tromp through the swamp to get better positioning.

now me and my team has used it several times to our advantage to flank the other time, or to completely bypass them depending on the game type.

any way, has anyone else noticed this? most of the players here wear boots, and bloused fatigue pants. i can't believe that people are that worried about keeping their camo that clean

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I play in a swampy area and always end up to my waste in water. One time I tried to get this kid to come give me support and he would not come because he did not want to get his ACUs dirty.

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Doesn't making camo dirty help? It blends in more because it has some natural environment on it. I was walking and everyone was avoiding a puddle and I just walked straight through it...

4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Especially so with UCP.

5. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    We always get a lot of young kids at my field and I will start walking into the lake just to see there mouths drop.

6. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    We were playing a medic game once on a field with some marsh type wetland, and half of our team had been taken down, as the rest of us erm "strategically relocated" to the other side of the wetlands. So, we powowed for a bit, and observed that the other team was going to stay around our hit teamates. So, half of our team (2 people) went with our medic, around the left side of the marsh, and the other half went around the right, while I went straight through the middle. The opposing team was distracted by the pincer closing in on them, and I got to sneak up and catch them unaware. Unfortunately for me, the water that I thought was only a foot or two deep, turned out to be around nipple deep, causing me to hold my rifle above my head like an idiot for a while, and necessitating some pretty laborious magazine cleaning. Luckily I had ditched my radio for this game. I thought it gave my boots and BDU some character. It is one of my favorite Airsoft memories, one of the few times my battle plans have worked in any manor beyond " We'll walk forward and shoot at them ".

7. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    jake last week me and my 5 guys took over 20 kills during the barrel game from the swamp. 4 kills against two 2man teams just on the edge of it, and one guy grabbed 8 at that point alone lol

thatguy-ya i know we'll be walking to our start point, and people wearing combat boots will avoid a puddle less than an inch deep.

i asked one kid to go through the swamp with me and he said something can't remember what now, but there's how the following conversation went

me- do you have boots?
    him- ya
    me- do you have long pants?
    him- yes
    me- are they bloused?
    him- ya
    me- then what's the problem?

8. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Nice.
    I love barrel games.

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    The guys I play with:

[​IMG]

If you care about getting wet and dirty, you're playing wrong.

10. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    i do like barrel games, but i prefer scenario games because they're more flexible, but hate chaos cuz there is NO direction to it all lol.

11. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    lol one game i saw one guy ditch all his gear except for his pistol and jump into the field's pond. his move would have worked had it not been for his buddy looking around suddenly and screaming "who is in the pond?! who just jumped into the pond?!"

12. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    And then Knief popped out of the water behind them and knife killed them both, before slipping back silently into the deep....

13. Kombat_Joker

Kombat_Joker New Member

If people are afraid to get dirty when they go into battle, then they shouldn't be there at all

14. Knief

Ann Arbor
    We've had a few guys go through that pond to get to the island undetected. We've had more get half way and lit up. I think these guys (ARC and Flipper here) made it on this trip.

15. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Your profile says Ohio. Where do you play at?

16. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    ohio. don't know why it says that, when i made this profile i was living in nebraska. no i'm in norfolk, i play down at ballahack (and judging by your pic and location so do you lol)

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    A reenactment:

[​IMG]

I actually looked much cooler when I did it.

18. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I was playing on this huge property that this kindly elder man let us use. And I was on top of the really tall hill that is almost straight up and down and one side it's steep enough to slide down. So, when the enemy team starting closing in on me I was out gunned. So, I decided to jump and slide down this very very steep hill. When I got to the bottom my whole left side was covered in mud, leaves, grass, ect. My team mates reaction:

Teammate: dude how'd you get so dirty?
    Me: slid down the hill.
    Teammate: your camo pants are all dirty now.
    Me: aaaand? They're camo pants.

Lol, any airsofter unwilling to get down and dirty and get stuff done needs to go play paintball. No offense to possible paintballers on the forum.

19. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Nice. I played the Wednesday night game yesterday. Mucho fun.

20. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague