Players with Glasses

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Whiplashairsoft1, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Hey everyone,

I have a weird question (and I used the search engine without luck; if this thread already exists, please link it and lock this one.) I'm having a game tomorrow and one of my friends wants to play for the first time. I've never played with anyone who has glasses. He says he can't wear normal safety glasses over his glasses, and I guess he can't take his normal ones off. Perhaps he won't be able to see :p. Anyhow, I know people make SUNGLASS covers for regular glasses. Do they make SAFETY glass covers? Or do you know of another alternative?

Edit: Besides a mask! Duh. Forgot to include that.

Thanks,

W

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Contacts. Thats all you need!

3. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    We have a game TOMORROW lol.....

4. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    How big are his glasses? Most masks should be able to fit over glasses. And if this is at a sanctioned field he will have to have a mask (under the assumption that hes under 18).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  5. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Honestly, until a few weeks ago, I felt his pain. And then contacts found me.

Honestly, if you cant get anything fast enough, go to Walmart and buy a full face.

Honestly. For realsies.

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Go to dicks and buy one of the full face masks. It will be uncomfortable with glasses but he will have to deal with it. But buy anti fog spray-oil along with it, that is almost a must. I used the speedo anti fog ment for swimming goggles and it works great. If he can't do that he basically can't wear his glasses.

7. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Alright, I'll just make the impossible possible. Thanks everybody!

8. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    What about full-seals?

9. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Maybe...I think he's just going to make do with my teammate's old paintball mask (yes, I said the P word. Now I'll go sit in the corner and think about what I just said.)

10. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Oakley L Frames are meant to fit over glasses. They stop fog VERY well, using foam to cover holes, and thy come with double panes. The foam around the eyes are pressed down on the side, to allow for the frame of the glasses. They are amazing, and I personally use them.

11. ARC

ARC New Member

East Lansing
    If he wants to go a safer route for future events and indeed go with full seal goggles there's a slightly expensive, but worth it, alternative. I own a pair of Revision D.Ls. http://www.revisionmilitary.com/store/desert-locust-goggle-deluxe.html along with this http://www.revisionmilitary.com/product/rx-carrier-and-connector-system/ . I went to my local eyeglasses store and I paid for a new set of lenses to go in those inserts. So now my goggles are my glasses. I'm not sure if he wants to shell out that kind of money like I did, but I recommend it and feel it's worth it.

12. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Cool, I'll take a look. Thanks guys! The games begin in 23 minutes (and I'm on airsoft society :p)

13. Mike636

Mike636 New Member

Both Revision and ESS both provide ballistic sunglasses and goggles with prescription inserts, hope it helps!

14. JKL

JKL New Member

I wear glasses and use save phace or ess land ops striker =]
    both are great ~!

15. JKL

JKL New Member

Without insert by the way

16. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    I use ESS Ice with the P-2 RX insert for lenses and it works just fine for me.

17. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Cool. I'd like to report that said friend came, had fun, and will be coming back again. The world has gained a new airsofter.