Please help.

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by dylan484, Aug 23, 2012.

1. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Okay I got a new piston today it's the red Laylax piston with 45° catch.

When I cock it back it Kindaaa catches but not really so then I changed back pistons and it started slam firing.

So if I get a new 45° sear will it work?

Also can I get just the 2nd sear from pdi or do I need to get both 1st and second?

edit: i have a jg bar 10 everything stock but the piston and an 140 or 150 spring.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    When I upgrade BASRs, I always replace both. It just evens oh the wear, and makes it to where I know there won't be issues in the future.

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    We cannot completely help you if you don't tell us what model gun you are using. The upgrade parts are different for different models of rifles...

4. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Yeah, replace your piston sear..

@ Ncore.. Seems to me since its a red laylax piston and 45 degree sear catch.. More than likely its a Bar10..

5. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

My Bar-10 did exactly the same thing, the answer is new sears or a 90-degree trigger.

6. PatrikRask

PatrikRask New Member

Could you please post a picture of what piston you have which didn't fit the stock internals? Cause i'm about to buy a red laylax pss10 piston and i want it to fit the stock sears :p..

7. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Its the red one, it didn't fit because my sears were worn down but I went a bought the zero trigger, I now have a basically brand new ( 3 shots) red pss10 piston I'm not going to use. Not sure if this against the rules or not. I'll sell it to you for cheap.

8. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

Patrik: Think about the materials involved for a second. The stock piston is plastic against (cheap) metal, and even then the VSRs and clones wear down their piston sears. Replace that with a quality metal piston and there's a reasonable chance that it's going to rip straight through the much softer metal of the stock piston. That's probably what happened in mine which went from fine to slamfiring right in my hands.

9. PatrikRask

PatrikRask New Member

I'm not interested in buying something sadly, just getting some info, maybe I'll just go for the zero trigger that comes with the zero piston then, and I'll have something that's safe and will last :)).. Thx guys :D