Pls help me choosing primary and secondary gun

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by rhandel17, Aug 4, 2015.

1. rhandel17

rhandel17 New Member

Is there any one can help me .. My first choice is elite force tavo21 is this gun good and i dont know what to choose in my secondary gun ..newbie here
    Thanks

2. tylerh1298

tylerh1298 Member

Longview
    I would stay away from a Tavor as a newbie, because the gearboxes are a proprietary design, and you need to be able to fix your own gun easily. I would suggest a full metal M4. They are around the same price, and are full metal, whereas the TAR-21 is all polymer. Hope this helps!

3. OneSho1

OneSho1 New Member

Hello, I have been playing airsoft for about a month now, and know some things now about starter weapons.

First off, whats your budget? Second, where are you playing? After you tell us the answers to those questions, we can give you a more accurate choice.

Just about everyone, including me, has gone with an m4. A secondary might not be neccesary right now, because you dont want to blow too much money on guns to find out you dont like the sport.

For me, I was on somewhat of a budget, and I went for an Echo 1 M4 CQB and an Elite Force/Umarex Walther PPQ. These two guns work great for me, but everyone has their own preferences.

But like I said, maybe an m4 platform of some sort may work a lot better since they have many upgrade and replacement parts in case anything breaks. A Tavor may be a unique gun, but it WILL be harder to fix or upgrade. And you may want to hold off on a secondary unless you exactly know you are going to play the sport.

Edit: Like Tyler said, a full metal m4 may be better for you if your willing to pay $300+ for your primary alone.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  4. Tyrnek

Tyrnek Member

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I still maintain that the best beginner platform is a Cyma AK of model # CM040 or above. Around $150 gets you solid metal externals and very good internal parts for whatever build you decide to do.

As for sidearms... personally, I find that unless you plan to be a sniper, sidearms are usually dead weight. I can count the number of times I've actually drawn my sidearm when running with an assault rifle on one hand. (In fact, I wouldn't need any hands!) They're fun for pistol-only matches or some unconventional game types, but otherwise their actual practicality in most situations is pretty low - at least for me. Such are my thoughts on sidearm practicality.

5. rhandel17

rhandel17 New Member

Sir my budget is almost $800 im playing airsoft when im 18 years old but not to long playing because of work but now im free and i want to play again but still i have no idea to choose what is right airsoft i started m4 .,, thanks for ur response

6. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    $800 for just the gun, or for everything?

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    In addition to this, check out this thread before replying: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f88/gun-should-i-get-format-read-before-posting-25912/

Also, I have to agree with Tyrnek. Don't bother with a sidearm/secondary until your primary gun and loadout are totally situated. Most experienced players will tell you they rarely unholster their pistol during a game, and when they do it's because their primary is giving them problems OR they simply want to. The exception being the aforementioned sniper and DM roles.

8. rhandel17

rhandel17 New Member

Sir i have completed my protection gear im just choosing the best guns and easy to customize sir that is why i have a fund of $800 sir thanks for the advice sir

9. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston
    I would start with a "better quality" M4 platform in either AEG or GBB and work up from there, for your budget you can pick up some excellent quality guns.

Personally I run a Tippmann M4 and use CO2 for indoor and HPA for Outdoor the gun is faultless made in the USA and Tippmann's customer service is incredible, not to mention the quality is faultless in my opinion.

Secondary depends on what you like I run a Umarex Walther PPQ GBB have had it for a year never failed me and excellent accuracy.

For CQB I use a KWA MP9 and find it perfect for tight rooms.

At the end of the day you need to look around and find the perfect platform for yourself, reliability over look is paramount in my opinion, most fields are a long way to go and have failures

I always have a back up primary just in case.

Happy Hunting hope it was helpful

Carter

10. OneSho1

OneSho1 New Member

Yes I agree with the Walther PPQ. So far mines been nothing but a joy to shoot.

11. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston
    There you go!!!!.............................