PMC/Contractor loadout?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Death_by_turtleZ, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Death_by_turtleZ

Death_by_turtleZ New Member

Anyone know a cool PMC/Contractor loadout that's not the typical kind? Something original that's not the same old wear some khaki pants put on a hat and goggles use an M4 and call it a contractor loadout.

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    That's what a contractor loadout is, mate. So either live with it or find something else.

3. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    You can probably use an AK instead of an M4.

4. Death_by_turtleZ

Death_by_turtleZ New Member

Hahahaha. Ok fine lets get I into specifics. What helmets could I buy for cheap?

5. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    Depends on your definition of cheap. I've heard of PMC's using mich 2000's which you can find a replica for around 30-40. Not all PMC's wear khakis, I've seen blue jeans and a t shirt. From what I understand the m4's have to be cleared from the US, if they aren't, they typically buy their guns on site from the black market which means G3's, AK's RPK's etc. So companies aside from black water typically buy on site. Hiking boots would work for foot wear, but don't cheap out. If you're going to get hiking boots, I would suggest merrell or solomon . Keep in mind, contractors aren't allowed to use military issue camo. Some reference pics.

black water in iraq
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ak's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

helmets
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

with some rpk's(guys on the left are military
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  6. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    I will weight in in this as I have done quite a bit of research into PMCs, and I moderate a mercenary group of airsofters. The real perk of being a Contractor is that you can in theory gear your self how ever you like. The idea here is to use what works. There are many civilian out door gear manufacturing companies that make excellent gear. The 2 things to consider when portraying a contractor is 1) Do I look professional? If you look like a thug then you are not professional. and 2) Is it effective? Naturally khakis and a blue polo with your company logo on it is not effective in a woodland environment, but Mossy Oak camo is.

Generally PMCs are not as rigidly held to uniform standards as military guys are. Having been in the military, most soliders look much more boring and do not have as cool of gear as what most people on this site wear.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
  8. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    If you want an impression then I would stick with the references. But if you want something for game play then I would look into camo but not hunting camo. Check out kryptek, they are a company that is working on making camo for the military but they haven't been contracted yet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@ knief the link says "sorry not found"

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  9. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    You need an Arnie's account.

10. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    And not just to view the link, but in life. You just need an Arnie's account.

11. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Look on Arnies, you'll learn loads. But just to put my $.02 in, somethings you can do to be a bit different:

Video games, I know, I know. COD is not a good reference point, but there are plenty other games that have good/ cool ideas.

Look for generally non-issued gear. Rigs such as the FAPC are cool and different, normal rigs like the 6094a in ranger green can look different.

Personalize your gear to look D3LTA L33T.