PMC impression question

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by jon_wallace95, Dec 31, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Im trying to go for a PMC look, I am currently looking at a tactical vest and I'm thinking about getting a condor/oe vest, is this a good vest for the money? Also, I have a few MOLLE pouches in ACU, would ACU work with a PMC look? Or should I replace them with tan? I currently have the tan pants, a black underarmor shirt, and the boots, I just need the vest. Any recommendations are excepted, only criteria is tan and about $50, needs to hold 4 m4 mags. Thanks in advance.

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Save up your money and don't waste it on Conderp. Alternatively, Knief can also swoop in with his magical list of affordable chest rigs...

3. jon_wallace95

Ok, so no on condor, but what about the ACU pouches? Should I get tan pouches and vest or will ACU work with PMC? What about NC star? Is that worth the money?

4. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    NCStar is just as bad, if not worse. You should go with khaki or coyote brown, not UCP. I'm going to cut you short and guess that you're looking on ASGI or Evike. Neither of those are good retailers for tactical gear, no matter what they say otherwise. I'll go hunt for Knief's list.

5. Navy100

Navy100 New Member

Ridgewood
  6. Navy100

Navy100 New Member

Ridgewood
    Just remember to choose the color at the bottom of the page.

7. jon_wallace95

I think I'm going to go with the flyye lbt m4 one, in my budget and fits all my needs, thanks a lot guys. One last question, how long does shootercb take to ship?

8. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Usually they take a week or less, but with holidays and everything it could take longer. It's not like ordering from ebairsoft where you know you're waiting at least a month.

The LBT replica is a solid choice. You'll enjoy it.

I just noticed that one of my links from Grin's list is bad. Here's another one for your consideration:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_96&products_id=75

So in general for a PMC kit, you want to avoid wearing a current US military pattern. The reason being, PMCs have to be careful not to appear to be US soldiers so that their actions don't reflect directly on the US. So you can use camo, but you'd generally want to use an older pattern like 3-color desert (DCU) or M81 woodland. But a lot of PMCs just wear solid colors like khaki, OD, navy, and black. Some combination of those would look good. I'd go with like, khaki pants and a Navy top. Or OD pants and a khaki polo or something.

PMCs also typically wear some sort of body armor under a chest rig as well, because just like soldiers, they also don't like getting shot in the chest. So you'll want something like an EI LVAC, LBT 6094 slick, or most commonly, a PACA, if you want to get a true contractor look. With the replica LBT chest rig, a replica LBT 6094 slick in the same color would look fantastic if you could find one.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  9. jon_wallace95

That's why I was asking about the ACU pouches, as of now I wave khaki cargo pants I'm using, the tan drop leg, but I will probably get a better one, I have a lancer tactical tan drop leg I traded my friend for, he had this one in tan and he is doing a seals impression, so I traded him my Swiss arms black one that came with my old springer, as for tips I have a grey long sleeve an a black one, both are semi padded and very breathable, save phace full seal sly goggles, black fingerless gloves I had in my drawer, and some black climbing boots. I will definitely look into the chest plate thing.

Edit: the one in the new link you posted looks nice, but it looks a little too wide for my taste, I like going prone and crouching a lot, currently I just have pouches on my waist, and it just seems like those extra side ones would get in the way more, just the chest rig in prone will take some getting used to, I'll have to be doing planks to go prone, lol.

10. jon_wallace95

11. Knief

Ann Arbor
    You'd have to buy pouches to go with that. And yes, it sucks. It's Condor. AirsoftGI carries very little gear that's worthwhile and none of it's cheap. Your vest or chest rig is the foundation of your kit. Aside from your boots and your goggles, it's the most critical piece of gear you're going to wear. Don't skimp on it, it will seriously hinder the functionality of your gear. $30 isn't that much, and some of that you'll have to make up in whatever pouches you buy. So you're really talking about a $10 difference between the crappy Condor chest rig and the very nice FLYYE chest rig. You can scrounge up $10 from somewhere.

12. jon_wallace95

No I meant use this as that under chest rig armor you were talking about. I'm getting the flyye lbt but I was wondering about this for under it.

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Ohhhhhh. In that case, no. It would be better to just go without or buy one later when you can afford it. That Condor thing isn't an armor carrier. What you would be looking for is sort of like an old-school bullet proof vest that you think of FBI agents wearing when they raid a house or whatever, just a more modern version. It'll be far more vest like, as it's meant to put armor over all of your soft squishy bits. This is a PACA, though you would want it in tan:

[​IMG]

This is a guy wearing a chest rig over a PACA. You can see it wrapping around his back from under the chest rig:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ECNAV)_The_Honorable_Dr._Donald_C._Winter.jpg

14. jon_wallace95

What about either of these? In tan of course.

Attached Files:

15. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Do you have links? Those pictures are tiny. It looks like you generally have the style right, but they also look like really crappy versions. You're not going to find anything that works in the $20 range.

16. jon_wallace95

They are about $30 each, one is a defcon and the one with the flag is a lancer tactical, it wouldn't be holding any weight, the rig would be the load bearing part, the plate would just be for the look and also a little bit extra padding.

Edit: http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=28_96&products_id=11391
    The defcon one

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=28_96&products_id=11677
    The lancer

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, skip those. They're both going to be way too bulky under your chest rig. You want a low vis carrier. Just hold off on it until you can afford something nicer. You don't really need it for the look, it's just something to add in later to tie it together a bit. Like a nice rug.

18. jon_wallace95

Alright, thanks for all the help on my first real load out guys, can't wait to get all the stuff together and have it on. I'll save up for that lbt one you said, and maybe something with a little bit of molle for a first aid pouch, I have a tendency to either manage to harm myself or come across someone who injured themselves.